2005 Yukon Brake Problems HELP! !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wiredawg13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New Here, but not new to the Chevy, GMC trucks and Cars! Suburban, Tahoe, and Yukon’s Oh My! At his point we are Sporting a 2005 Yukon, a Custom Hightop 2002 Van, and a A Chevy 4x4 pickup

I look Forward to discussing and Learning More from this Group of Owners and Professionals that are willing to Pass on their Valued info!

Most people know me as Wire Dawg, I worked with David Allan Coe from 75-79 during the Hey Days of Outlaw Country Music!

My Problems today is The 2005 Yukon, after replacing lines from the ABS Module Back, we can not get the Pedal back! We have push a Gallon of DOT 3 to the 5th Autozone master Cylinder

What am I missing???
Thank You
Phillip Or Wire Dawg!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup! When a brake line is opened up on a ABS equipped system there is air trapped in front of and behind the ABS solenoid valves in the ABS manifold. This manifold is what allows the ABS computer to temp shut off and on 1,2,3,4 wheels (the brakes to those wheels). You cant bleed the brakes like the old pump and hold way of the non ABS equipped vehicles. Well you can gravity bleed and then actuate the ABS system by locking up the brakes and trial and error bleed but it takes forever and is a total pain. You need a scan tool that has a brake bleed function. I can verify the Tech 2 GM clone has the one man auto brake bleed function that uses the ABS pump instead of someone pumping and holding the brake pedal. Ive used mine many times on the 3 K chassis that I have. I strongly urge you to buy a Tech 2 clone. They run around $300 and will save you so much time and money. Be sure to specify you want the GM module. Its up to you if you want the case or not just be aware that the shipping will tax you for it! https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...28&SearchText=tech+2&spm=a2g0o.home.1000002.0

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What has been said by @exp500 and @rockola1971 and also...welcome to the forum. My girlfriend was married to the road manager for Charlie Pride many years ago and may have crossed paths with you guys. I just asked her and she was traveling at times with them from 80-85.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972