2005 won’t accelerate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed ChaBa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe won’t accelerate but if I push the traction Control Sensor (TCS) it woks normal otherwise is not. Then when I brake the ABS takes over

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if you have a question, but if you're looking for solutions get a scanner on it and pull the codes. I'd venture a guess that one of the wheel speed sensors is not contributing.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree, our denali would "bog down", turn off the traction and all was good. a pair of bearings (sensors fixed this for us.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a droid device and a eml 327 obd2 bluetooth reader, this app works pretty good. it scans just about everything, abs included, also clears abs history. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...vroletsys.chevroletsysscanfree&hl=en_US&gl=US

they say to use the elm 327, but the bafx one has a better rep for actually working these days, china screwed up the elm market with their junk thats a 50 50 shot if it works.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

You are already receiving suggestions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and other will chime in.