2005 Tahoe LT Autoride Traction Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pumpkin_hook

pumpkin_hook

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the previous replies. I am still in the same situation - I had to make priority decsions on discretionary spend. I disconnected the front sensors so I have been driving around with no ABS, traction control, etc.

I am prepared to move forward with resolving. I am thinking of replacing the front hubs (again) this time with included sensors. My questions: 1.) does buying with sensors included make a difference?, 2.) is there a 'best' hub/sensor offering (Delco, SKF, Moog, etc.), 3.) my Tahoe is AWD - I assume I spec the 4WD hubs?

OP
OP
pumpkin_hook

pumpkin_hook

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tech 2 scan tool will get you deep into every possible component and will save big bucks.

Before I got my Tech 2, I found out my Zurich scan tool from Harbor Freight was able to get into ABS through a special sub-menu called "General Motors OEM Enhanced" or "GM OEM Enhanced" ( I can't recall exactly).

That was where multiple ABS codes were kept. None of the codes would cause a DTC code to trip, or basic san would show no DTCs stored.

That OEM Enhanced menu is where I found a C0035 code. That pointed directly to issue with the left front ABS speed sensor.

I think that Zurich will also allow you to look at ABS speed sensor output on live data, which can be really helpful. Sensors need to be sending output within a specific range of values. Too close to the tone ring or too far, can definitely impact what the sensor is send back to the control module.

Tech 2 tool is about $300 and worth much more than that in time and money saved.
If you have or can get a Zurich (the one that sells for about $100 and has ABS servicing capabilities, something like that might get you where you need to go with this ABS diagnosis.
I have the Zurich scanner. I will try the menus you mentioned. I have tried them before but was not too successful.

Matahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My questions: 1.) does buying with sensors included make a difference?, 2.) is there a 'best' hub/sensor offering (Delco, SKF, Moog, etc.), 3.) my Tahoe is AWD - I assume I spec the 4WD hubs?
I have been using only Timken or GM OEM hubs but will go with Carquest. NAPA or big box auto store brands if I plan on selling the vehicle. My online service manual mentions the hubs are now 4WD style and are made so they don't require the CV axle to hold the hub together anymore. I think they make balanced stub cv shafts as a temp fix if you happen to buy an older 2WD hub on eBay for instance.

Last edited:

Kozaktrillgod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Zurich scanner. I will try the menus you mentioned. I have tried them before but was not too successful.
Any updates on your truck with your trials and errors? I have the same issue on my Rig and I was wondering if you resolved your problems finally, thank you and good luck.