2005 Tahoe Ls stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbncanada

Reaction score
It sounds like you have an electronic part that is heating up and shutting off the engine. Once it cools enough the engine restarts but for shorter time makes sense as the part will not take as long to reheat. Not sure which part it is but sound electrical to me.

OP
OP
B

Bacon83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol. That's the way I'm leaning. But I don't know what else is left

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bacon83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I can find there is no ignition module on these. It was moved into the ecm

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With everything he has replaced, I am not sure there is much left that a "heatsoak" would cause errors with. The one exception would be a vaporlock in the fuel rail, and I cant remember if the 2005 models were return, or returnless fuel systems. I know there was a change right in those model years.

If he had a older truck, than I would suggest fuel injectors since the older trucks run in batch fire.. or the older ignition modules (like previously mentioned). But neither of these are relavant here..

Unless the ECM has a crack in the board, and heat soak is causing it to spread apart.. But even thats a stretch.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly that's the one tool I dont have to be able to test the spark. So I don't know if it is the spark that is cutting out

For a few bucks you can get a tool to test spark at the parts store. It goes inline with spark plug wire.

Most all of these parts have a diagnostic procedure so you dont have to guess if they are working or not.

Do you have a fuel pressure tester? what about your fuel pressure regulator? Maybe it is defective and cutting off fuel somehow?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879