2005 Tahoe Ls stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pimpin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kudos...I've been silently following and hoping you'd figure it out. I am glad for you and will try and remember that if I ever need it for either myself or to help someone else. Thanks for letting us know all that was done and thank you to those ideas everyone gave. Darn good advice...

OP
OP
B

Bacon83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick tip on finding that wire. Just follow the battery negative cable to the block. It's attached to the same bolt. About 6 inch behind the power steering pump

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has about 280k on it. From a cold start it will run and drive for 20 minutes then stalls and won't restart. I've already changed the crank, cam, map, mass air, oil, and coolant sensors. Along with the fuel pump, fuel relay, ignition relay, and the ecm. Plus cleaned the throttle body. The truck has no check engine lights on. And at this point I'm completely lost. When it dies I have 54 psi at the rails. Throttle body is at 4% at idle and opens to 14% after it dies. Also showing pluse width on the injector. Any ideas please comment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Actually had a buddy that had this happen. His issue was the new crank sensor he installed was a dud. Installed another an problem fixed

Logan5

Reaction score
Truck stalled while driving today, luckily I got it into a park lot with momentum before I had to stop. Won't restart, no engine light. Nothing visibly wrong, cranks, won't start. Making some weird sounds like it half starts then immediately dies. Can't figure out so I call AAA. Waiting around for the tow and I start reading up. I find this thread. Ignition ground.... sounds easy to check. Crawl under the truck, find the ground, wiggle it with my finger and it pops right off.

Well then.

Grab my knife, strip a little wire, wrap it around the battery ground, zip tie it on, boom, starts right up. Drove it home, cancelled tow, did a proper repair of the wire, and all in time to make it to the bar for beers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd