2005 Denali XL Speakers from Crutchfield won't work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanstock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know the original Bose speakers in the front Driver and Passenger were 2ohms but Crutchfield sent me my 2nd set of speakers (1st didnt fit) and they are JVC's and 4 OHMS and it doesn't even want to work. Is it possible to update the speakers with the OEM system or will this prevent replacement?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you expand on what you mean by, "it doesn't even want to work?" Are you getting low volume, no volume, or what symptom?

What specific speakers did you receive?

OP
OP
seanstock

seanstock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you expand on what you mean by, "it doesn't even want to work?" Are you getting low volume, no volume, or what symptom?

What specific speakers did you receive?
No sound at all... tweeter in the front and rear right speaker are working (so this means the head is getting the right chanel to the amp and the speaker is new and not blown checked it with a multi-meter. Where do the speaker wires connect to the amp?? Where is the amp? Thank you!

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is everything else still OEM? Denali has RPO code Y91, which is luxury Bose. Both premium and lux amps for 2005 are under the center console - but they are completely different animals.

OP
OP
seanstock

seanstock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is everything else still OEM? Denali has RPO code Y91, which is luxury Bose. Both premium and lux amps for 2005 are under the center console - but they are completely different animals.
OK... now we have gone into the weird zone. All power to the passenger side is dead. The window controls dont work, the LED indicator on the sideview mirror doesn't work. And the speaker doesn't work. Now, I know for sure they have nothing to do with eachother everything is connected no damage was done to the harness. Is there a Fuse or Relay that handles everything on the passenger door? All of these were working prior to my install of the JVC speakers. All wire harnesses are plugged in and in the right sopt. JEEEEEZZZZZZ where do the speaker wires connect with the amp? And is there one fuse or module that handles logic or power to the passenger side front door? Like PDM Fuse 10A Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM) .?

OP
OP
seanstock

seanstock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Head is not OEM but AMP is stock OEM Bose.

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mess with the wire harness going into the door from under the dash at all, or do nothing more than replace a speaker? Were you running new wiring for the speaker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19