2004 Yukon power seat will not move forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ta6point6litre

ta6point6litre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Like I said, when I first started I had no functionality on the driver side power seat. One of the first things I read online said that the seat was controlled by the power seat module under the drivers side seat, so I checked that first by removing and re-installing the board. What I didn't realize was that the connections on the bottom of the housing were actually connectors that could be unplugged from underneath. I thought they were part of the housing itself. When this didn't change anything I moved on to checking the main harness not knowing that the connections were loose on the power seat module. After cleaning the ground pin on the main harness, everything worked but the forward control. Only found out about the plugs on the power seat module by accident. I had my hand under the seat while trying the controls and it moved for a second. Realized I was putting slight downward pressure on the housing for the power seat module. Long story short, if I had started with the main harness I would have never touched the module and never had an issue. Hope this helps someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645