'07 Yukon XL Denali Driver Seat does not move forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XK Denali and having an issue with my drivers seat.

When I try to move it forward using the power control on the side of the seat, it moves forward maybe 1/4" and will not go any farther forward but it will move back that 1/4". Seems like the power is working just not moving forward.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start simple first. Have you checked the rotating threaded 'screw' that moves the seat, when the motor is activated for any obstructions? Obstructions either on the screws itself or on the tracks that the seat slides in when moving back and fourth. My drivers seat started moving slowly, and I found that the screw was loaded with dog hair, and there was too much obstruction resistance for it to move properly.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

So today I had time to see what the issue is, started by taking the mounting front nuts and back bolts out, then tipped the seat back without disconnecting the wires. Visual inspection showed no issues with the motor screws and the seat moved freely back and forth without an issue.

HMMM......so I put the nuts and bolts back in, tightening them, the seat did the same thing, only move 1/4"......

So I loosened each nut/bolt slightly and the seat worked fine. So I sprayed the frames and motor screw drives with lithium grease that help slightly but the seat would not still not move more than the 1/4".

I put a washer/spacer under the driver side front mount and that seemed to help somewhat, seat moves back and forth but not like it should. So I loosened the mounting nuts/bolts so they are not completely tight like they should be and the seat moves back and forth. I am not comfortable with it this way but for now it works.

I guess I have to remember that it is 17 years old and maybe it has gremlins in it! LOLLL

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

So today I had time to see what the issue is, started by taking the mounting front nuts and back bolts out, then tipped the seat back without disconnecting the wires. Visual inspection showed no issues with the motor screws and the seat moved freely back and forth without an issue.

HMMM......so I put the nuts and bolts back in, tightening them, the seat did the same thing, only move 1/4"......

So I loosened each nut/bolt slightly and the seat worked fine. So I sprayed the frames and motor screw drives with lithium grease that help slightly but the seat would not still not move more than the 1/4".

I put a washer/spacer under the driver side front mount and that seemed to help somewhat, seat moves back and forth but not like it should. So I loosened the mounting nuts/bolts so they are not completely tight like they should be and the seat moves back and forth. I am not comfortable with it this way but for now it works.

I guess I have to remember that it is 17 years old and maybe it has gremlins in it! LOLLL
Interesting. I have a similar issue in thecopcar. It only does the rear half of the travel range. I did pull the seat loose when I installed the console floor plate.