2004 Yukon Daylight Running Lamps (DRL)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood, thanks. At this point I am still waiting for suggestions in regards to my power issue.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would swap the relay with a known good one that's the same style (believe the A/C relay is the same). With the relay out, though, is there voltage to the relay socket? I'm not quite sure which terminal to check as I don't have a wiring diagram.

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would swap the relay with a known good one that's the same style (believe the A/C relay is the same). With the relay out, though, is there voltage to the relay socket? I'm not quite sure which terminal to check as I don't have a wiring diagram.
Tried that just now, unfortunately no change. Still no power.

There is only the 10Amp Fuse and the relay under the hood for the DRL's, correct? Or am I missing a fuse somewhere else?

Guess I will need to take the truck to have the Pros figure it out?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do your automatic headlights work, by that I mean do they come on automatically when it's dark enough or the sensor on top of the dash is covered?

OP
OP
JochenWoern

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your automatic headlights work, by that I mean do they come on automatically when it's dark enough or the sensor on top of the dash is covered?
Yes, they do come on.

On second thought, now I am thinking that they are on when it is bright outside, as I mentioned the other day that I thought the headlights were on when the wife came home from shopping in bright daylight. Which would mean the DRL's are obviously not coming on when the headlights are on.

Is maybe the sensor the culprit? I have a dashmat up there, may it is obstructing the sensor?

Am I correct in regards to the fuse and relay?

Thanks.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they do come on.

On second thought, now I am thinking that they are on when it is bright outside, as I mentioned the other day that I thought the headlights were on when the wife came home from shopping in bright daylight. Which would mean the DRL's are obviously not coming on when the headlights are on.

Is maybe the sensor the culprit? I have a dashmat up there, may it is obstructing the sensor?

Am I correct in regards to the fuse and relay?

Thanks.
Dash sensor does need to be kept clear. That sounds like it might be a reasonable explanation for lights on in daytime and no DTRL...

Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17