2004 Tahoe Z71….from Athens Alabama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRed300r

Reaction score
Just bought my first 03-06 Tahoe Z71 about 6 months ago. It had a knarly transmission leak and it had got on the aluminum skid plate rubber bushings. They are so soft that they are sticky. They need to be replaced but I’m having trouble finding them. Not sure if it’s I’m calling them the wrong name or what. Any help finding these would be great so I can get the plate back installed. Thanks

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If the skid plate is OEM, then check GMPartsGiant.com and GMPartsDirect.com, as they have exploded views of most assemblies, and you should be able to find it and obtain a part number.

OP
OP
BigRed300r

BigRed300r

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

If the skid plate is OEM, then check GMPartsGiant.com and GMPartsDirect.com, as they have exploded views of most assemblies, and you should be able to find it and obtain a part number.
Thanks for the info
Just bought my first 03-06 Tahoe Z71 about 6 months ago. It had a knarly transmission leak and it had got on the aluminum skid plate rubber bushings. They are so soft that they are sticky. They need to be replaced but I’m having trouble finding them. Not sure if it’s I’m calling them the wrong name or what. Any help finding these would be great so I can get the plate back installed. Thanks
UPDATE: I used shock bushings to reattach the skid plate. Worked like a dream. Thanks for the info!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year!!

Welcome from MA!

I just got my 04 Z71 in October.
Not perfect and desperately needs outer rocker panels replaced (hopefully this spring), but runs like a champ and rides like a dream!

I am sure you'll love owning yours too!

Post pics if you think of it to show it off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo