2004 Denali 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
so i found a guy with a 6.0 w/ 60k + harness, pcm and all bolt ons... he wants $1,000

I am wondering about everyones opinion on the matter, is it a good buy? I feel confidant that i can swap myself in less then 3-4 days so the labor isnt an issue

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
there are always going to be problems. Every job I do I say, hey this will be easy, a week later its my worst nightmare, but the results are always, always worth it. I say get a compression test, if that checks out you should be good to go. Also does it have more or less miles than your hoe, I would only do this if the engine had less miles.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i love giving a hoe some life... hahahahahha

i dont have the cheddar right now though... so hopefully dude is willing to put me on the layaway plan. I will for sure have the thing looked over before purchased though

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

how do i know if its an lq4 or an lq9?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
i love giving a hoe some life... hahahahahha

i dont have the cheddar right now though... so hopefully dude is willing to put me on the layaway plan. I will for sure have the thing looked over before purchased though

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

how do i know if its an lq4 or an lq9?

yukon denali= Lq4, escalde or sierra denali=lq9

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
yukon denali= Lq4, escalde or sierra denali=lq9
Incorrect. Only way to check is the vin or block/head castings. I'm almost certain it's an lq4 which is more boost friendly being 9.4:1 compression. Replace all the hoses and fittings, take your time and it should be a day or two process. Don't forget to pull the fuel pump fuse and depressurize your fuel system. Btw your 5.3 has another 100k+ before you need any work.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yes i realize that, im not doing this because i think my motor is on the way out... i just love the 6.0... and this one is 100% complete, tranny and everything!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Word. 6.0 swap is cheaper than a blower that's for sure.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pull a plug an have a look at the pistons, aren't the LQ4 pistons flat-topped and the LQ9s dished? Or is it the other way around?

Or am I talking out my ass?

Edit - I wish you lived a little closer, Ty...we could make a week long project out of doing our 6.0 swaps. :gr_grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn