2003 Yukon Right Side Tail Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought a 2003 Yukon SLT for a daily driver/winter vehicle and I'm having a problem with the passenger side tail light. The tail light doesn't work but the brake light, reverse light, and turn signal work. I have tried replacing the bulb with a bulb from the drivers side and still no luck.

I think I've narrowed it down to a distribution board that sits behind the right rear tire near the bumper. The board looks good but I am not getting voltage from the pin that supplies 12V when the tails are on to the pin that goes out to the tail light. If anyone is familiar with this board, is it a common problem? I don't see any corrosion in the pins at all but obviously there is a network of wires within the board that I can't see.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

I just looked at a chilton manual online. Do the tail lights have their own fuse for left and right sides? If so I probably just have a blown right parking/tail fuse blown. Never thought it would be separate from the left side. I'm not at the truck now so I will have to check into this later.

OP
OP

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I feel stupid now. It was the fuse under the hood (RR Park-10A). I've never owned anything newer than a 2000 and I've never seen separate fuses for left and right side tail lights so I assumed if the left tail works, the right side should work. It makes sense, though for safety; if the fuse blows for one the other stays lit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879