2003 Yukon Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon 5.3 L engine. I originally had a couple of Engine codes . One of the codes were a bad O2 sensor bank one sensor one so I change that sensor and the other code was multiple misfire so I did a tuneup I put all new AC Delco platinum plugs and AC Delco wires . After I did all that my truck is idling very low . So I read a few things online and I decided to clean the throttlebody with throttlebody cleaner I wiped it all out and now the truck is idling even worse very shaky . I drive it and the engine light is on and blinks about 20 to 30 times and then stay solid every minute also what can I do to solve this issue

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for starters I would double check all your work, make sure you didn't leave the maf unplugged or something of that nature, make sure the intake is installed properly and that no air is leaking from somewhere

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I did recheck all my work. I never unplugged the maf, I cleaned the throttle body without removing it. I also disconnected the negitive battery terminal when I cleaned the throttle body. It seems like everytime I disconnect the battery is when the engine light returns .

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I did recheck all my work. I never unplugged the maf, I cleaned the throttle body without removing it. I also disconnected the negitive battery terminal when I cleaned the throttle body. It seems like everytime I disconnect the battery is when the engine light returns .

FLASHING CEL is no good. Pull and post the code(s).

Did you move the throttle plate while cleaning the body?

Have your ever cleaned your MAF?

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Yes i moved the throttle body so i can get my fingers in there to clean it and i havent cleaned the mass air flow in at least 10 years

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes i moved the throttle body so i can get my fingers in there to clean it and i havent cleaned the mass air flow in at least 10 years

Codes?

Clean the MAF. Only use MAF cleaner. Make sure the plugs on it and the throttle body are seated well and report back.

If you moved the plate anything other than ultra gentle like, it may take a while for your truck to relearn the idle. Take a look at the throttle % while you have the scanner on there getting the codes.

The are a couple idle relearn procedures you can try without a tech2, but they are hit or miss it seems.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Ok ty I’ll get back to you guys later when I get home from work and I can scan the truck

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flashing CEL = missfires, check which cylinders are the culprit and go from there, but yeah codes would help out.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I got home a little late last night from work and on my way home from work the truck seem to be running fine engine light was not flashing anymore but I did have a steady engine light that stays on I was too tired to do anything when I got home. This morning on my way to work the truck was running fine and the engine light went off as I was pulling up to work. I’m going to give it a few days I think everything reset it self and hopefully the computer learned everything I did to the truck. I will post back within the week to let you guys know if I have any more trouble or if engine light comes back on. Unless anyone has other suggestions I should do. Thank you to everyone for the great support.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I’m just leaving work and my engine light is on but I still have great power in the truck with no hesitation maybe my engine light didn’t go off and I thought it did

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24