2003 yukon problem..door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I never I actually tried what you said to push on the door from the outside and have somebody try to engage the lock but let me ask a simple question would it affect all the locks if it had something to do with inside the ignition because it’s only affecting the passenger front door and when I pull the slide off I can get a pair of pliers on the rod and pull it To open the door but there is a lot of tension behind it

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I’m going to actually remove the door panel on the next nice day we have in New York

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yep, gotta get eyes on the problem and SEE what is going on. It is guess work at this point. I hate guessing.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help I’ll keep you posted when I get a chance to pull the door panel once the weather breaks

LEDFoot

Reaction score
I never I actually tried what you said to push on the door from the outside and have somebody try to engage the lock but let me ask a simple question would it affect all the locks if it had something to do with inside the ignition because it’s only affecting the passenger front door and when I pull the slide off I can get a pair of pliers on the rod and pull it To open the door but there is a lot of tension behind it

I think it's a local problem in the door locking mechanism itself and not related to your ignition.
There is nothing in the power lock system that should be keeping the actuator under constant tension, if that was the issue you should be able to pull the power lock fuse, or even disconnect the connector to the door's wiring harness to the BCM. The lock actuator is only powered briefly either during lock or unlock, not at all times (unless you have something terribly wrong with your wiring).

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

By the way, these are the official service recommendations on binding lock cylinders. Living up there on the frozen tundra ;) it might be useful to you

Service and Repair

Binding Lock Cylinders

In many cases, applying the proper lubrication can correct the following conditions:

For lubricating the above components, use lubricant GM P/N 12346241 or equivalent

Do not use penetrating lubricants such as GM P/N 1052949 or WD-40(R). Penetrating lubricants wash out the original lubrication. Penetrating lubricants eventually evaporate, leaving little or no lubricating material. However, when using penetrating lubricants in order to thaw or in order to loosen the lock cylinder components, refer to steps 2-4 in the procedure below for the proper methods of lubrication.

Repair lock cylinders frozen in cold weather by using the following procedure:

1. While carefully avoiding damage to the painted surfaces, apply heat to the cylinder with a heat gun.
  2. Using a paper clip or a similar item, hold the door shutter open. Force air into the cylinders using compressed air through a blow gun attachment.
  3. While holding the shutter door open, inject small amounts of a recommended lubricant into the cylinder.
  4. Work the key into the cylinder repeatedly. Wipe away any excess lubrication from the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon