2003 yukon problem..door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I have a 2003 yukon. This morning I got in my truck and my passenger door didnt open from the inside or outside. When I hit the power door locks , all the locks work except the passenger door. The lock is stuck in the lock position and when I try to slide it open by hand there is tension on it where it wont open. Any help would be great. Ty

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a lock actuator in the door it might have gone bad. or the linkage to and from it has plastic clips on the ends, they can also break.

you can also listen or put your hand on the lock slider and see if you hear or feel it trying to work when you hit the button. if you do its still getting power to the actuator. so its not power related, but mechanical.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I will check that in a few minutes when I go to my truck but is there any way to get the door open

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I just went to my truck to check the slider on the door when I hit the power locks I do not feel the slider trying to work or move when i hit the door lock button. I even tried using the key to open the door and no luck. There is tension on the door lock (slider) when I try to move it by hand

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went to my truck to check the slider on the door when I hit the power locks I do not feel the slider trying to work or move when i hit the door lock button. I even tried using the key to open the door and no luck. There is tension on the door lock (slider) when I try to move it by hand
Doesn't that year have a key lock on the passenger side? If so, can you get it to open with a key?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like the lock tumbler is locked up, not meant as a play on words, and needs the inner cover removed to see if can see the problem. If you are not feeling the actuator TRYING to move then it could be frozen.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is there any way to try and unfreeze the actuator

Remove side panel and expose and disconnect the linkage and see if it will activate with the fob. If not, replace it but I would still look at the tumbler because if that is frozen it could have damaged the actuator at the same time.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
How can i remove the panel when the door wont open from the inside or outside

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos