2003 yukon problem..door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I’m a little confused on what the RPO code means also the way I explained to you about the actuator for my truck which one would you purchase

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Because I don't know what the RPO code is for PassLock or even if there is an RPO code for that I cannot tell you which actuator. I would bet that 95% sure you have PassLock and someone here will chime in about it eventually. I would bet if you went and had a key cut off of your key and make sure it has no chip and when try to turn ignition and does not crank, then yes I would bet you have PassLock. Plus if the new key had a chip it would have to be programmed to your truck's VIN. But someone here will chime in. Give it a little time.

RPO stands for Regular Production Options and is your list for YOUR truck that lists all your truck options when it was built. It is inside your glove box door. Gobs of info there.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
Have you got to door open yet? I have not hacked in our generation truck yet. I had a 07 Escalade (customers)I could roll to window down and 1/4” brake line and hit the latch to get door open to replace latch,cable and if I remember right inner door handle. But not sure about inner some are part of the door panel on newer trucks. I now I did not replace the panel. One of the harder parts of my job doors,hoods and trunk lids that won’t open.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Just a heads up I believe there is no chip in my keyTo start my truck. I recently had a key made and it cost me two dollars to make the Key. I know a chip key cost more than that

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you had the key made and it would start your rig, then I am ASSUMING you do not have PassLock.

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Yes the key I had made 100% start my car so I am going to order the Actuator that is not for the pass lock. Thank you everybody for your support

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would still feel better about it if there is an RPO code for it and someone here knew what it is. That is why I capitalized ASSUMING.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
Passlock is not a RFID chip in the key. It's simply a sensor in the ignition cylinder housing:

PASSLOCK(TM) SENSOR

The Passlock(TM) sensor is inside the ignition cylinder lock housing. The Passlock(TM) sensor contains 2 hall effect sensors. The tamper hall effect sensor is on the top. The security hall effect sensor is under the tamper hall effect sensor. Both of the hall effect sensors monitor the magnet of the lock cylinder through an opening. The tamper hall effect sensor is physically placed on top of the security hall effect sensor. This arrangement enables the tamper hall effect sensor to engage first if an intruder attempts to bypass the Passlock(TM) sensor by placing a large magnet around that area of the steering column. There is a tamper resistor inside the Passlock(TM) sensor in order to help prevent tamper to the system. Passlock(TM) equipped vehicles have a selection of 10 different security resistors ranging from 0.5K ohms up to 13.6K ohms . Installing one of the security resistors inside the Passlock(TM) sensor will generate a unique Passlock(TM) code. All 10 combinations of the Passlock(TM) sensor have the same part number. However, you cannot simply replace the Passlock(TM) sensor and expect the system to operate properly. Always start by performing the Diagnostic System Check first and following the instructions.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
It doesn't sound to me like it's a problem with the actuator, it sounds like you have something manually preventing the lock from opening. Have you tried having someone pushing the door in from the outside while attempting to force the manual lock slide inside to move?

Or maybe push on the door while trying to operate the key in the cylinder?

If there is something in the latch mechanism or between the door and the frame putting pressure on the latch mechanism it is possible that that might make it bind to where the lock cannot be disengaged.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It doesn't sound to me like it's a problem with the actuator, it sounds like you have something manually preventing the lock from opening. Have you tried having someone pushing the door in from the outside while attempting to force the manual lock slide inside to move?

Or maybe push on the door while trying to operate the key in the cylinder?

If there is something in the latch mechanism or between the door and the frame putting pressure on the latch mechanism it is possible that that might make it bind to where the lock cannot be disengaged.

I like both of these responses. That is why I said ASSUMING. I am glad you chimed in, especially with the push/pull on the door when trying to open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts