2003 yukon problem..door lock issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is a dilemma for sure. Perhaps a locksmith can get it open to allow for the inspection. Either that or get another panel that matches and destroy the old one to allow access to the inner workings. I would opt for the locksmith.

Try heating the key and insert and see if will turn. Remove lock switch and see if can check to see if can jump a wire to somehow actuate. I have never ran in to a door that would not open so I am at a loss for other recommendations.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Does your Yukon have to sleep outside? Freezing temps in garage? Thinking the actuator / latch might have some moisture in it that has frozen. If you think there’s a chance of that, get it warmed up good and see if it frees itself before tearing too much up

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
Unfortunately my truck is always outdoors. I work for a company where I had one of the truck mechanics try to Slim Jim the door but had no luck

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
This body style is relatively difficult to open. slim Jim is my go to on vehicles with vertical rods, but we have horizontal, and the easiest way to open them acts on the same rod that the lock lever/slide on the inside of the door panel is attached to anyway

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
I got no movement when I try to unlock it I’m not feeling the actuator trying to move the lock. Where is a good place and white part number of what I need for a new actuator

OP
OP
N

Nyjetfan21

Reaction score
What’s the difference between with pass lock and without pass lock how do I know if my truck has that

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am not sure about that. If it is like mine I believe it means that your fob has the lock option where you hit lock 2 times and your horn will beep that the alarm is set. I have no idea what the RPO code for that is and I would assume over 90% of the vehicles have the passlock system. Someone here can come up with the RPO code to be sure.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is just like mine then but I don't know for sure if that is called PassLock or not. I don't know the RPO code for that either. PassLOck is for if the vehicle is attempted to be started with the wrong key and it prevents that. Like a key without the correct chip or no chip at all.

All the vehicles made during that time likely had PassLock so there may not be a RPO code for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64