2003 Yukon..4wd Dilemma. Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So things have been crazy at work.
Its peak season for FedEx with the holidays around the corner but I finally was able to get a code sheet made for this thing by the dealership near me.

The current codes are as follows:

B0026
B0043
B0164
B2722
C0225
C0321
C0327

P0332
P0420
P0430
(was able to grab these three codes from a basic scan prior to this)

P0741

I have a ton of others with history as well.image.jpgimage.jpg

Not sure where to start. Sifting through good ole google to figure out the best approach.

So far what I have on its way and attempting to replace is:
-Brand new 4wd actuator
-Brand new 4wd transfer case motor
-TCCM which comes with yet, another 4wd switch.

Figured switching these out might put me a step foward into fixing this thing. Its just the other B and C codes I know nothing about.

Attached is the sheets they gave me feel free to give any input. Monday, I’ll be off and upload pics during the day to show what im working with. Just work has me swamped so its pretty rough at the moment lol.

As for those shocked at how I never noticed there was no front driveshaft, I did explain it was seller dishonesty and buyer error. Even had it on a lift to fix the exhaust and the exhaust guy and I never even batted an eye to it. It wasnt until I got under a few days later to mess with the actuator and found out lol.

Oh well. I have a new front driveshaft on standby but I dont think itd be best for me to install it just yet considering I daily drive this thing and I dont want to blow out my front diff and transfer case. Been there before when I couldnt get a work truck out of 4wd and destroyed an entire truck after the transfer case disintegrated. Oops.

Anywho Im done rambling for now.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So things have been crazy at work.
Its peak season for FedEx with the holidays around the corner but I finally was able to get a code sheet made for this thing by the dealership near me.

The current codes are as follows:

B0026
B0043
B0164
B2722
C0225
C0321
C0327

P0332
P0420
P0430
(was able to grab these three codes from a basic scan prior to this)

P0741

I have a ton of others with history as well.View attachment 262901View attachment 262902

Not sure where to start. Sifting through good ole google to figure out the best approach.

So far what I have on its way and attempting to replace is:
-Brand new 4wd actuator
-Brand new 4wd transfer case motor
-TCCM which comes with yet, another 4wd switch.

Figured switching these out might put me a step foward into fixing this thing. Its just the other B and C codes I know nothing about.

Attached is the sheets they gave me feel free to give any input. Monday, I’ll be off and upload pics during the day to show what im working with. Just work has me swamped so its pretty rough at the moment lol.

As for those shocked at how I never noticed there was no front driveshaft, I did explain it was seller dishonesty and buyer error. Even had it on a lift to fix the exhaust and the exhaust guy and I never even batted an eye to it. It wasnt until I got under a few days later to mess with the actuator and found out lol.

Oh well. I have a new front driveshaft on standby but I dont think itd be best for me to install it just yet considering I daily drive this thing and I dont want to blow out my front diff and transfer case. Been there before when I couldnt get a work truck out of 4wd and destroyed an entire truck after the transfer case disintegrated. Oops.

Anywho Im done rambling for now.
Did you return to the seller? Was it a dealer or private seller? I really hate that people do that to other people! I'm sure you work hard for your money. Just pisses me off!!

OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you return to the seller? Was it a dealer or private seller? I really hate that people do that to other people! I'm sure you work hard for your money. Just pisses me off!!

Private sale. Im not going back 3.5hrs. Just a hard learned lesson and moving forward. Like the truck, see the potential, just want to fix it even if its in stages. Progress is progress the way I see it

OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the Yukon along with one of my Tahoe from a year ago. Not to get side tracked or off topic. End goal after everything is fixed is to respray this the same color blue as my Tahoe. I think it was Indigo Metallic irrc...

950B5AE6-B0D0-465D-9D57-25199AE4A2FF.jpeg F96D1923-50D5-4C7E-B448-BEB0465B51D5.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Private sale. Im not going back 3.5hrs. Just a hard learned lesson and moving forward. Like the truck, see the potential, just want to fix it even if its in stages. Progress is progress the way I see it
That's a great attitude to have. Karma is a real beyotch.
Heres a pic of the Yukon along with one of my Tahoe from a year ago. Not to get side tracked or off topic. End goal after everything is fixed is to respray this the same color blue as my Tahoe. I think it was Indigo Metallic irrc...

View attachment 262920 View attachment 262921
Awesome color ;):D20180526_140527.jpg

OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So as Im going through and swapping out my TCCM I noticed this wire hanging down and its to the harness. Not sure where it goes. Any ideas? Ill have to see if I can get a pin to put it back in the right spot.

BF3C0636-85C4-4DC6-8A65-DFB58DE97CC7.jpeg

OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a pic from my '04. Not sure what it powers, though.

View attachment 263099

Got it, I have to get a pin or something to throw on it and put in the right spot.

Now, ended up finding out I got the wrong TCCM and turns out its not the same as mine even though it was said to be from an 03-06 yukon. So, that part is on standby for now. Moving on to the new actuator to replace for now.

Fixed my 2a fuse for my steering wheel controls but had no luck getting power for some unknown reason. No lights shine, no response when the buttons are pressed is there another fuse for this somewhere?

94E8B67B-E1A7-4F61-A69B-657D01F2A479.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the TCCM was from a Denali that would be a different system (all wheel drive); believe that's for the Borg Warner TC. Pretty sure that the TCCM has to be programmed to the vehicle unless it's a Dorman.

No clue on the steering wheel controls. If there's an aftermarket radio it would need a separate box for the steering wheel controls to actually operate the volume, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TooTurntDad

TooTurntDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the TCCM was from a Denali that would be a different system (all wheel drive); believe that's for the Borg Warner TC. The TCCM has to be programmed to the vehicle unless it's a Dorman.

No clue on the steering wheel controls. If there's an aftermarket radio it would need a separate box for the steering wheel controls to actually operate the volume, etc.

The TCCM was bought off of ebay. It didnt come from the denali where I pulled the harness from. But I do have the body control module from that truck though. Not sure if I’ll need it unless I end up going from bench to rear heated captains chairs, which that truck still has.

Any ideas on what style pin I need for that one wire? I suck at naming things like this and getting the right thing once lol.

Also I am aware of the interface I need for the steering wheel controls. I actually prefer them over reaching to the radio. Love some comfort features like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401