2003 Tahoe Z71 instrument cluster reassembly issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwoods27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While disassembling my instrument cluster to fix the dim PRNDL display, a few of the gauge needles pulled out the pin that goes into the gauge motors. I had marked the pervious position of the needles and a couple I removed didn’t pull up the motor pin. Well, I fixed the dim PRNDL issue, but the gauges that I pulled up the pin on no longer work and one is the RPM…I can hear the motor spinning when I rev the engine. The ones where the pin stayed in the motor work fine. Is there no way to fix the gauge motor if the pin was removed and re-inserted?

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I did my cluster LED light upgrade. I just had to stab the little needles into the right positions. If you have a scanner that reads the parameters you can do it that way such as RPM, temperature, etc. I think the fuel gauge needle I just filled up the tank and located on "F."

The speedo was challenging because I had to drive it on the highway and correlate the speed on my scanner and stab it with the cluster partially apart...then I dropped the needle down somewhere. Doh! Just be careful.

I don't know if there's another way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan