2003 Tahoe Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wphtexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with 103,000 miles. It is in excellent condition. Never been in an accident. Drives well and gets acceptable gas mileage. I'd like to keep it for the next couple of years. I'd like to put in an info/nav/entertainment center. Currently it has AM/FM/XM/CD/Onstar. Bluetooth capability is a must. I'm open to suggestions on where to begin.

wphtexas

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with 103,000 miles. It is in excellent condition. Never been in an accident. Drives well and gets acceptable gas mileage. I'd like to keep it for the next couple of years. I'd like to put in an info/nav/entertainment center. Currently it has AM/FM/XM/CD/Onstar. Bluetooth capability is a must. I'm open to suggestions on where to begin.

wphtexas

Do you have steering wheel controls, rear seat audio, or rear seat entertainment?

OP
OP
W

wphtexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have steering wheel controls, rear seat audio, or rear seat entertainment?
On the steering wheel I have the Onstart / program button, source button, seek button and volume button. In the rear I have a console radio with two headphone jacks and climate controls.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
On the steering wheel I have the Onstart / program button, source button, seek button and volume button. In the rear I have a console radio with two headphone jacks and climate controls.

I have nav unit in mine, and have not upgraded, but have done a little reading. Hopefully someone who knows can chime in for you.
I think the easiest way to retain all your factory stuff is to go with a Rosen HU. Otherwise, you will need a multi zone unit and probably a PAC harness for all your options.

OP
OP
W

wphtexas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have nav unit in mine, and have not upgraded, but have done a little reading. Hopefully someone who knows can chime in for you.
I think the easiest way to retain all your factory stuff is to go with a Rosen HU. Otherwise, you will need a multi zone unit and probably a PAC harness for all your options.
Thanks for your response. I'll look at the Rosen HU.

Stanley Yelnats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. I am in the same boat (or tahoe) actually. I have a 2003 Tahoe and interested in a NAV system upgrade. Curious if the new Chevy/GMC navigation units will fit in easily or do most folks just mount and iPad on the dashboard nowadays? Any suggestions or places to start looking? Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne