2003 Suburban HVAC Button Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you do much circuit board soldering and get one of these you'll wonder why you waited so long. I started off with a Radio Shack sucker that was separate from the iron. But a few years back I got a sucker that has a heated hollow tip, making it so much easier. I don't recall where I got it but it's just like this one:

desoldering-iron.jpg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you do much circuit board soldering and get one of these you'll wonder why you waited so long. I started off with a Radio Shack sucker that was separate from the iron. But a few years back I got a sucker that has a heated hollow tip, making it so much easier. I don't recall where I got it but it's just like this one:

View attachment 353917
Game changer!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good deal man! Sorry, not very active lately. Should be super easy though. I did all LEDs for my interior controls though, so no idea of voltage / size. (I should say, I mostly did… still haven’t finished, after mucking up my driver door panel.. definitely need to finish and fix that..!)

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal man! Sorry, not very active lately. Should be super easy though. I did all LEDs for my interior controls though, so no idea of voltage / size. (I should say, I mostly did… still haven’t finished, after mucking up my driver door panel.. definitely need to finish and fix that..!)
This might help: Door Panel Light (LED)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, those are actually pretty nice looking. I haven’t actually replaced any incandescent bulbs for the interior lighting, as I feel it’s bright enough, and not at all glaring. (Also added the footwell lights -one of my first mods ever) All I’ve done is the interior controls / gauges, etc… kinda wish I would have gone with green, rather than blue.. but oh well. Now I need to finish the job. Lol. Everything but the door panels have been swapped from incandescent, to blue, dimmable LEDs. I’m still very happy with it. The steering wheel controls were a PITA..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy