2003 Denali XL key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhilario72

Reaction score
I recently bought a an '03 Denali XL and still trying to learn everything. I noticed with my key fob that I have to press the Lock button 2x quickly (within 3 sec) in order for the doors to lock. Why won't all doors lock with just one push?

Unlocking seems fine 1 push for driver door, 2x for all doors.

Thanks!
Joe

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a an '03 Denali XL and still trying to learn everything. I noticed with my key fob that I have to press the Lock button 2x quickly (within 3 sec) in order for the doors to lock. Why won't all doors lock with just one push?

Unlocking seems fine 1 push for driver door, 2x for all doors.

Thanks!
Joe
Moved you here from 2021 section

Welcome from Miami!

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should all lock with single push. 2nd push usually beeps horn. Maybe take fob apart and clean contacts with alcohol?

OP
OP
J

jhilario72

Reaction score
Should all lock with single push. 2nd push usually beeps horn. Maybe take fob apart and clean contacts with alcohol?
Thanks that's what I thought. Do you think it has something to do with the Delayed Locking feature. I'll have to try deactivating it. Thanks again!

1691188153024.png

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does sound like you’re overriding the delayed locking, but it shouldn’t activate delayed locking if all the doors are closed. I don’t think you can turn off delayed locking, but check all the settings in the DIC to be sure.

Maybe one of your door locks are messed up and even though you have all doors closed, it still thinks one is open so it’s activating the delayed locking.

OP
OP
J

jhilario72

Reaction score
I am getting the Rear Access Open message on my dash even though the glass lift and the lift gate are all closed. Is this a Body Control Module issue? I also have to override my interior lights because they'll stay on even when all the doors are closed.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a problem with the rear lift gate locking mechanism and it doesn't think it's closed when it is. I've never had to change one of those so I'll not familiar with it. Maybe search here and youtube for liftgate lock replacement.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had to deal with this issue with my Infiniti QX56. The rear hatch latch sensor was shorting out at times and causing the "liftgate open" message to pop up along with randomly setting off my alarm because it thought someone was breaking in. I went to the junkyard and pulled a latch assembly out of another vehicle and problem was solved. TL;DR, try getting a latch assembly at the junkyard.

OP
OP
J

jhilario72

Reaction score
The only issue is on the Yukons, there is 1 latch on the glass lift gate, and 2 latches on the main lift gate. Not sure which one(s) to replace. Is there any way with a voltmeter to check them?

Thanks,

Joe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM