2002 tahoe W/ ceramic clank noise in front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMIL199

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a friend that owns a 2002 Tahoe that has about 181k miles on it. It is making a type of ceramic clink/metal pipe clank noise that is coming from the Left front at low speeds between 4-17mph, it seems to go away after it shifts to 2nd gear. Unsure if it stops due to road noise cancelling clink/clank noise. no abnormal vibrations while driving and no worse with turning L/R. The noise increases pace as you increase speed.

The truck is a 4x4 w/ a 5.3L

The only thing I have seen is that there maybe a yoke that needs to be replaced with a nickel plated yoke in the front end.....

Any and all help would be appreciated and I did search the forums but could not find anything exactly pertaining to this, so I am sorry if this is basically a repost.

p.s. hubs and brakes have recently been done

Last edited:

H0E2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha are you my friend?
Same year same mileage same problem. I have been checking all suspension parts but can not seem to narrow down the problem! Very interested to see some suggestions.

OP
OP
J

JMIL199

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hahaha, I don't know anybody from Pennsylvania. But yeah the only thing I've seen is the replacement of the yoke with a nickel plated one. I'm not sure if that is the fix for this or not.

Swinger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the same problem for a couple months now... It originally started with a loud metallic clank noise under the car but has changed to only a pop noise at lower speeds. I cannot seem to find anything online to fix this noise either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall