2002 Chevy Tahoe starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True. Vapor lock would be pretty rare; I'd focus on other causes
I guess anything is possible but hard to fathom a vapor lock problem. Yes, get a gauge on the fuel pump and get live readings. What brand is the fuel pump? Why did this parts replacement start anyway? Still has exact same starting problems that was there before the parts replacement?
I guess anything is possible but hard to fathom a vapor lock problem. Yes, get a gauge on the fuel pump and get live readings. What brand is the fuel pump? Why did this parts replacement start anyway? Still has exact same starting problems that was there before the parts replacement?
I replaced pump because gauge didn’t work got cheap one off Amazon and gauge works but this starting problem happen and did pressure test and within 2 hours all fuel pressure was out of the rails

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you like replacing pumps.....never use an aftermarket fuel pump! Did you replace the wiring harness to the fuel pump too? Those tend to overheat over the years and start to get high resistance at the connection.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unless you like replacing pumps.....never use an aftermarket fuel pump! Did you replace the wiring harness to the fuel pump too? Those tend to overheat over the years and start to get high resistance at the connection.
Yeah I bought two pumps to get by and just costing me more money in the long run lol and it still factory plug this new pump I got will be in tomorrow from oReilly and idk if it’s a factor plug or not yet

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bought two pumps to get by and just costing me more money in the long run lol and it still factory plug this new pump I got will be in tomorrow from oReilly and idk if it’s a factor plug or not yet
I would replace the pigtail with plug (vehicle side) no matter what. You can get them at most auto parts stores. Stock item and not expensive.

If the box dont say AC Delco/Delphi/Bosch on it then it aint going in my fuel tank.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would replace the pigtail with plug (vehicle side) no matter what. You can get them at most auto parts stores. Stock item and not expensive.

If the box dont say AC Delco/Delphi/Bosch on it then it aint going in my fuel tank.
Ok I will look when I go pick the pump up tomorrow I’ll let everyone know if this fixes it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What pump did you order and from where? There is a reason we keep saying what we say about cheaper aftermarket parts

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to trust Amazon for anything critical.
I know 99-06 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep used Bosch pumps and they are normally good for well over 100k miles. My 05 Wrangler had about 200k miles on it before it went out. I was advised Delphi was a great second choice, was a little more available on local parts shelves and a little cheaper than Bosch.

If O'reilly's gives you either a Bosch or Delphi, you should be in good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924