2002 Chevy Tahoe starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got pump in and stills still doing the long starting problem this is the pump I put in

Attachments

• 8DBB33ED-4CA0-4372-ADDE-AEC575A0FCC6.png
    8DBB33ED-4CA0-4372-ADDE-AEC575A0FCC6.png
    537.3 KB · Views: 5

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got pump in one from O’Reillys and it’s still doing long crank could it be just a flex fuel thing?
I’m just agreeing that I would never go through the effort of dropping the tank to replace the pump, and use something called: Precision Fuel Pump. You still need to test the pressure, as previously recommended imho.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m just agreeing that I would never go through the effort of dropping the tank to replace the pump, and use something called: Precision Fuel Pump. You still need to test the pressure, as previously recommended imho.
Only place that had a pump for mine

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a FF issue; there are many FF trucks like this out there that start right up, all the time. Need to see the fuel pressure readings when the issue happens. Also, would it start immediately if you used clear flood mode by flooring the accelerator pedal? We're don't have the whole story.

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a FF issue; there are many FF trucks like this out there that start right up, all the time. Need to see the fuel pressure readings when the issue happens. Also, would it start immediately if you used clear flood mode by flooring the accelerator pedal? We're don't have the whole story.
I’ve never tried to floor it when starting I’llgive it a shot Ik the pump because this one had 42 psi when idling but lost all within 2 hours

OP
OP
H

Hunter mohr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it will just crank when I do that it’s strange if it sits it over night or for 5+ hours it will start no problem but you start it then shut it off wait 30 or so minutes and it you go to start it…it will start on most die and then run fine or will start die then crank for 5-10 second then fire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts