2001 Yukon XL Denali 6.0 Liter Random misses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KAKALAK

Reaction score
So i ran the codes on my truck and it was saying "Random cylinders Misfiring". So what I did was checked all the spark plugs. The cylinders on the Dr side all look normal with a slight ash look to them. The Pass side has black soot on them which tells me they are getting too much gas. I tested all the coil packs and got shocked a couple times lol. They all work with a nice blue spark. I cleaned the throttle body because it was prolly part of the problem. I have replaced both O2 sensors that are before the cat, about 1500 miles ago. Took it on a 1400 mile trip and it ran real nice. But now its missing and stumbling. I am going to replace the plug wires becuase they look like the stock wires. Any thoughts or has anybody had this problem? Oh yeah it only really does it when at operating temp and randomly.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i ran the codes on my truck and it was saying "Random cylinders Misfiring". So what I did was checked all the spark plugs. The cylinders on the Dr side all look normal with a slight ash look to them. The Pass side has black soot on them which tells me they are getting too much gas. I tested all the coil packs and got shocked a couple times lol. They all work with a nice blue spark. I cleaned the throttle body because it was prolly part of the problem. I have replaced both O2 sensors that are before the cat, about 1500 miles ago. Took it on a 1400 mile trip and it ran real nice. But now its missing and stumbling. I am going to replace the plug wires becuase they look like the stock wires. Any thoughts or has anybody had this problem? Oh yeah it only really does it when at operating temp and randomly.

LMAO!! I've shocked myself once or twice.

Did you replaced the plugs or just look at them? If you didn't replace the plugs, I would replace them and go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos

Latest posts