2001 yukon door lock and seat heater switch problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sisson3703

Reaction score
The other day I decided to change the bulb in the driver seat heater switch and I messed up cause I'm a moron and arced a screw driver on the bulb terminals now my seat heater switch doesn't light up when you hit the buttons but when you turn the key on for a split second it lights up then go's out but the driver seat setting buttons still work . also the driver door will lock and unlock but the other doors will not, not even with the key fob if I manually lock all the doors I can unlock them all but only ever lock the drivers side when I hit the lock button on the door switch or fob I've checked fuses and cant find anything .
Unless the seat heater switch and the door locks are tied together

Last edited:
OP
OP
sisson3703

sisson3703

Reaction score
I changed out the seat heat switch and seat heater works fine now so I just have a door lock problem

gmordie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the same issue, only my driver door unlock/lock functions. any luck?

Stick

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm recognizing the issue and trying to refresh my cranium with what it was and the solution... I think it has something to do with programming. First though, i would check every fuse, in and out and do a (unless you know how to actually test) visual inspection of relays as well. I would also check what happens when you open each door too and if it doesn't behave as expected (lights on) i would get yourself some electrical lubrication spray of some kind and spray the door LATCHES as that's where the electrical contacts happen. The door won't lock if it thinks it's still open. If all appears well, grab your owners manual and find the section on key fob programming and redo it. Also, make sure your factory Bose is unlocked prior to programming steps or you'll get locked out. Not a big deal anyway as it's a fairly simple *fix*. I had the battery disconnected on my ride for ages and upon reintroducing juice i noticed it had been reset to factory mode and did some stupid stuff. Anyway, try those options out if you haven't already and post. Oh ya, make sure fob(s) has new battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sisson3703

sisson3703

Reaction score
sorry hadn't posted for awhile .anyway fixed the door locks I just changed out all three door lock relays cost me about 30 bucks on eBay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts