2001 Yukon 2 DC XLm2 18" 5k watts tuned low:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
yes 30 hz but it plays very low there are 4 low notes in put on i can play the lowest on a very slowed version its somewhere around 16-17 hz i believe.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a single 12" Type-R ported to 32Hz, and it get down to around 25Hz before it rolls off very quickly. I need more power and more cone area if I want to play around in the frequencies you do. :D

Have you tried the slowed version of "Hoods Run Down" by Lil Wyte that gets down to 12Hz? I think it was kangaroux from the caraudio.com forums that posted it. It steps down from 32, to 26, to 21, to 12Hz in the intro (numbers obtained from Audacity). If you're interested in it, PM me your email and I'll send it over. Even the non screwed version gets somewhere around 18Hz.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
I have not heard that song i could try it but im pretty sure my subsonic would cut that one out my buddy justins blazer though would probably do it with his 4 18s in a wall lol shit gets stupid low.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nice system. I bet it tears up the lows.
I have my subsonic set on my RF amp to 28hz because I was afraid of going below tuning and abolishing the subs mechanical limits.
Maybe I should turn it off because the box is tuned to 33hz.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Im about to build a very low ported box myself... 25-30hz.. surface area of 4 18s with lots of watts.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
Modded how close is your port to the rear hatch? I believe mine is close enough that it helps lower the tuning by using the rear hatch as another port wall which extends it around 17 inches i think. and what equipment are you thinking of running hoe?

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modded how close is your port to the rear hatch? I believe mine is close enough that it helps lower the tuning by using the rear hatch as another port wall which extends it around 17 inches i think. and what equipment are you thinking of running hoe?

These Tahoes like to peak at 47hz if I remember correctly. Thats their resonant frequency... so if you target that, it will resonate with the truck as well making things very destructive. I rather have it a good bit lower where I can feel it in the chest and concrete.

I will be runing 4 Atomic APXX 18s or 4 RE 18s not sure which I will get for a good price. I may even get a T3 18. As far as amps, something with a true RMS of 2500-3000 on each 18.

OP
OP
01yukonslt

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
all my buddies with non walled tahoes are high 30s low 40s and quite a few are over 150db 38-41 seems to be the sweet spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe