2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Animal80513

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive got a couple upgrades that want to do to my 01 Tahoe
1)Headlights............I'm thinking of going with one of these, do any of you have any reviews on them? also what type of bulbs do I need
2) I want to do the HD front end conversion. The hood is simply just put the new on right, that does not need any adjustments . I need an HD grill and bumper pad, and drop the mounts 1.5 down
I don't have time to look around for parts at local junkyards so I'm going to buy after market and have a shop do it for me. Any recommendations on where to purchase this stuff.
does this sound about right or am I missing anything
thanks !!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/PIT66-Headli...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bulb type... Many choices available. Stock Halogen, Xenon, LED (LEDS are available anywhere from $ to $$$$).

As far as bulb type... Looks like those light assemblies you linked to take the stock bulb sockets you should already have.

For bulb compatibility, replacement bulbs are listed in the back of the owners manual.
This is from my '04 manual, but I would expect the bulbs were the same in '01...

Replacement Bulbs
Exterior Lamp Bulb Number
Low-Beam Headlamps 9006
High-Beam Headlamps 9005
Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) 4114K
Front Roof Marker Lamp 194
Front Parking and Turn Lamp 3457A
Rear Marker Lamp, Taillamp and
Stop Lamp 3157
Rear Turn Lamp 3157
Back-up Lamp 3157

If you were looking for an LED Low-beam for example... You would want to look for an LED that lists compatibility with 9006 type bulb socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts