2001 Tahoe with Kenwood DNX 8120

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lykos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe with a Kenwood DNX8120 navigation unit, satellite radio and backup camera. I am wondering if would be better to sell the truck as is or convert the truck back to the original radio and transfer the DNX8120 to another vehicle. I am not sure how much I would get for the truck with the DNX8120 installed, but it may sell faster. Any thoughts from the forum would be appreciated?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
selling outright, or trading in? If out right, keep it in, dealer trade in, take it out.

OP
OP
L

lykos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sale would be a private sale.

Any other recommendations for other forum members? Do you think having those additional features will make a difference in how much or how quickly the vehicle sells?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

A623Z

Reaction score
It really depends on who the buyer is. If your selling it to someone young and you know they're going to use their iPod in the truck then leave it, it's a great selling point. If the buyer is a little older who just wants the radio to work then put the stock back in, assuming it's in great condition of course. If the stock radio has too many blemishes and is an eye sore then leave the Kenwood in as it would look cleaner to any buyer.

NorCalBryan

Reaction score
Leave it in, and list the vehicle. If the buyer tries to talk you down, use it as a bargaining chip.

For example, if the buyer offers you $500 below what you're asking...tell him he has a deal, but you're going to put the radio back to stock. It's not like the swap takes any time at all...