2001 tahoe autoride with z71 coils question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryanfrags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to do a minor lift. I have the front leveling kit from readylift. But I also want to lift the back a little. My plan is to get z71 coils and a 1.5 inch spacer. Now my tahoe has autoride and I am wondering if the coils will fit in the autoride model. Thanks, Bryan

sdgros01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in a very similar situation on my 01 denali. I went a head and order the lift keys, bilstein 5100s for front and rear, 1.5" spacer Z71 springs and then the resistors from newark.

I haven't had a chance to get everything on the truck because I've been stuck liquidating and estate, but according to all my research and help from other members its the best way to go on our trucks.

(This is based off of memory, so double check) If you want to keep the autoride you will have to modify/extend the position rod (I cant recall the actual part name) that controls the air ride. Furthermore you may need extenders for the rear shocks as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
bryanfrags

bryanfrags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im thinking of just switch out the air ride shocks for bilstein 5100 series. My rear shocks arent working anymore and I never really tow anything. Thanks for the help.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my autoride shocks Last month.

No issues.

Pull the RTD fuse and then pull the battery cable. No service suspension codes anymore.

I don't have them, but the z71 coils work just fine in the autoride vehicles.

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got rid of my autoride shocks Last month.

No issues.

Pull the RTD fuse and then pull the battery cable. No service suspension codes anymore.

Same thing i did on my 05 burban, and i have a set of NIB Z71 coils if interested sir

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jelkes79