2001 SS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
They do exist.........2000 year only..I'm the original owner of a Tahoe Limited, SS emblems were never use by GM, to
avoid higher insurance rates. The dash MPH is 120 instead of normal 110. Up t0 165k in mileage, normal oil changes and transmission cleaning of filter, have replaced radiator, A/C pump, alternator, and cats in exhaust.
They also came with side flaring, one year only 16" aluminum wheels, including the spare. Have also replaced
spider fuel rails inside intake.
As posted by PNW Viet Vet
Post up some pics. The Limiteds are beautiful trucks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I am not a fan of those wheels either but the price reflects two things: Used vehicle high prices right now and that it is a true unicorn. Plus it has low miles at 130k. The big thing that appeals to me is the barn doors. I am going to call him and ask what his bottom dollar cash money price is.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea, I am not a fan of those wheels either but the price reflects two things: Used vehicle high prices right now and that it is a true unicorn. Plus it has low miles at 130k. The big thing that appeals to me is the barn doors. I am going to call him and ask what his bottom dollar cash money price is.
Good luck! I hope you can get it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, I talked to the owner. It spent most of it's life in Missouri, rust belt. Then a guy in Oregon bought it and then the current owner bought it. He said he is going to forward me some pics of the interior and also post some pics on the ad of the interior. His father in law is a tech for big diesel rigs and helped him do the work to get it looking like it is because they had to replace some rusted body components and do some body repairs and then paint it. All that work was done at a local Maaco. He said there is rust on the frame but he kept dodging my questions about the amount of rust on the frame and he said his father in law says the bottom dollar cash price is $11,500. I am no longer interested because I know what Missouri winter salt roads do to vehicles.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, I talked to the owner. It spent most of it's life in Missouri, rust belt. Then a guy in Oregon bought it and then the current owner bought it. He said he is going to forward me some pics of the interior and also post some pics on the ad of the interior. His father in law is a tech for big diesel rigs and helped him do the work to get it looking like it is because they had to replace some rusted body components and do some body repairs and then paint it. All that work was done at a local Maaco. He said there is rust on the frame but he kept dodging my questions about the amount of rust on the frame and he said his father in law says the bottom dollar cash price is $11,500. I am no longer interested because I know what Missouri winter salt roads do to vehicles.
Too bad. Sounds like he has an unrealistic idea of the value too.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Once I see interior pics I will ask for frame pics. If he does not want to do that, then I will pass right then but also can negotiate lower price if I see what I expect to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan