2001 Overhead Console into an OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 OBS...need room some gauges.

I don't like our console b/c existing gauge pods are like cutting two holes into a blank insert.

I found online and purchased a 2001 Overhead console from a NBS. I like that route better b/c the gauge pod actually faces the driver.

Has anyone ever done the swap? Wires match up? Seem to look similar. I heard the NBS consoles were different b.c they have to fit contour of roof. I hope the contour works in my favor.

Pics of the item I bought I did not install

Overheadconsole4.jpg
Overheadconsole3.jpg
Overheadconsole2.jpg
Overheadconsole1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks AWESOME

Yes it does, can't wait to put functional gauges in (I bought it without gauges since I running Autometer Cobalt Series)! I can't even wire them up, b/c the drive train isn't even in. Just another box to add to the pile :(

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That gauge pod looks like its gonna fit our obs bank... Did u consider the A-piller gauges..? Or is that already full...

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I strongly dis like gauge pillar mounts for many reasons.

One it is eye candy and gauges are expensive. What is going to stop some one from busting my window and ripping them out? (My GS-T that I bought as a theft recovery they did exactly that, the car alarm didn't go off so they went back and took the whole car)...My idea is out of sight out of mind. I went to great lengths to stick gauges when I rebuilt her, yet it only took about 45mins at Hofstra University for someone to try and break into it thru the passenger side door lock. I sold the car two weeks later after that happened. Took all the fun out.

In reality I did buy 3 A-Pillar but I have no choice. Just need more room and I cut the rear A/C out for my air tank and compressor to run my train horns and air bags.

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
foreverfalcon40 I'm with you on the pillar mounts. I'm not a fan of them ether. I do like where you have them and to me its a better location. Every time you look in the rear view mirror you see them. Where do you buy the pods at? keep up the good work :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts