2001 gmc Yukon xL/tahoe suburban+ factory amplifier fix w aftermarket head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was messing about with my radio so it’ll work every time and the remote turn on wire in the adapter says it is not used but I plugged it up to the pink wire and it works perfectly

Last edited:
OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your factory amplifier doesn’t work with your aftermarket head unit or cuts out connect the remote turn on wire (should be blue and only blue as a standard). To the second harness that connects to the factory head unit(s) pink wire it made a headache I had for months of my factory amplifier not working go away for the price of one of those blue things that joins 2 separate wires supposedly sometimes the orange wire on that same harness works or in some rare cases another wire routing is needed

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that doesn’t work or you’re using a android head unit supposedly you need to follow This video he connects his orange 3rd pin wire upper left on the connector side I believe to his remote turn on or a independent 12v source he doesn’t explain it well but he says he put 12v on that pin of the connector and it made the amplifier work the pink or orange wire he pointed out is what I’m referring to using but it didn’t work in his application.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HUGE NOTE: if your factory amplifier doesn’t work for even static on the factory radio it most likely will not work with a aftermarket one. you will need to

Step 1: change all radio/audio fuses and test again (easiest check for a no sound issue)

Step 2: verify no loose connections with the factory radio (will cause not even static to come through or inconsistent audio output)

Step 3: get a standard speaker or multimeter to hook up to a door speaker and make sure it’s not just blown speakers

Step 4: if all else fails and you can’t get your factory radio to even play static to your speakers even by testing the amp with another speaker you have to either replace the factory amp/wiring or B bypass the amplifier with a specific connector kit and run your own wires to a aftermarket amplifier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts