2000 Yukon Denali/Howdy from Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the story on that silver GMT800 in the background, the one with the doors open?

OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
Haven't been up that way in a while -- I'm in Parker and my son lived in Carbondale for a while so made a good many trips that way back then.
I might be moving to the front range soon, daughter plans on going to CSU go rams

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You should be able to replace that pin with a bolt and nut, as long as there is clearance for the nut. I replaced a front door pin on my '97 Yukon (RIP), and I believe that the cost of the pin from the dealer was in the $40-$50 range.

OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You should be able to replace that pin with a bolt and nut, as long as there is clearance for the nut. I replaced a front door pin on my '97 Yukon (RIP), and I believe that the cost of the pin from the dealer was in the $40-$50 range.
Thank you for the information. I love forums. Endless knowledge that is very much appreciated.
So far all I have done is do a full tune up and brakes ( all 4 ) and the wheel cylinder. Got to wait till monies are available to get on the hinge pins and door handles. The passenger side I had to break into from the inside. Found the latch rod and clamped a small pair of vise grips to it. Now it is at least operational.
The engine seems strong, but does have a knock till it warms up. I gave her 10-30 oil hoping to quite it down. I might have to go heavier though. Took it for its first drive this morning ( had the old owner tow it to me…. ) suspension all seemed nice. Switching to 4H and 4L flawless oh year I’m a 4x4 *****. Been building XJ jeeps forever, even worked for Tomken back in the day. Don’t know if I will lift this or not. Might keep I stock and make it my fishing rig to pull the boat

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from MA!!

Nice rig!!!

A block under the jack makes me nervous! Maybe I am wrong, but I would feel a little better with the block between the jack and the frame. I feel there might be more chance of the jack slipping off the block with the block underneath the jack. I like to have the jack sitting on the most stable position.

My way still might be a little sketchy, but having the block pinched under the long frame rail and the jack gives me a little bit more confidence things won't shift.

Always, jack stands and chock blocks... I'll even go so far as laying the wheel that was removed under the frame, just as a last ditch measure incase the jack and jack stands fall. At least the wheel would keep the truck from crushing me completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne