2000 Yukon Brake Light Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon 4wd with 206K miles and the original brakes. The Yukon stops fine however the brake warning light & ABS light come on intermittently. When I turn off the engine and turn it back on the lights will go out. Sometimes they come back on again and sometimes they don't.

I've checked the brake fluid and it's full. I'm starting to think it may be an issue with the instrument panel given the vehicles age. Anyone else have a similar issue with an older vehicle?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon 4wd with 206K miles and the original brakes. The Yukon stops fine however the brake warning light & ABS light come on intermittently. When I turn off the engine and turn it back on the lights will go out. Sometimes they come back on again and sometimes they don't.

I've checked the brake fluid and it's full. I'm starting to think it may be an issue with the instrument panel given the vehicles age. Anyone else have a similar issue with an older vehicle?

Can be wheel speed or abs sensors in the hubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645