2000 Tahoe z71..New here..Buying parts question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pedub

Reaction score
New here, bought a 2000 tahoe z71 from auction, hoping to learn something, whats with the new and old look for 2000? looks like a 1999 , when buying parts what year should I use? thanks Glad to be here

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Not sure why you wouldn’t use 2000 parts but others will chime in.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
New here, bought a 2000 tahoe z71 from auction, hoping to learn something, whats with the new and old look for 2000? looks like a 1999 , when buying parts what year should I use? thanks Glad to be here
That's the midyear changeover of the body style. Must be an early 2000 manufacture date. Based on the looks I'd buy parts for a 99, but since it's the year of the change over, you might have some parts in there that might come up in a search as 2000-2002. You're probably gonna have to feel it out and explain what you have to the parts guy.
Welcome from NJ.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Would a review of the VIN number provide any guidance on whether parts lean toward 1999 or 2000? I know that when I am looking to confirm a correct replacement part number, I call the local dealer and give them my VIN number, and they give me the correct GM part number. Then, I go shopping for the best price for that GM part.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Would a review of the VIN number provide any guidance on whether parts lean toward 1999 or 2000? I know that when I am looking to confirm a correct replacement part number, I call the local dealer and give them my VIN number, and they give me the correct GM part number. Then, I go shopping for the best price for that GM part.
This also makes sense :D

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty standard for a changeover year where they have a lot of parts left over from the previous gen.

Basically yours is a “classic” OBS body style vs a NBS. Usually it’ll say classic when you look things up but I’d suggest looking at 99 stuff and comparing before buying.

I had an 07 nnbs Sierra 2500hd and some things would differentiate between the 2007 classic vs nnbs and some wouldn’t. Was easier for me to just look up 08.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan