2000+ rear air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we eat on beale st. bruh

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tack welding sucks.

Depends on your definition of a tack weld, personally I would lay a nice bead where needed I have no problem welding on a rear axle or anything else. You either have the confidence in your ability or you don't in which case take it somewhere after the install and have it burned in for good.

No Flame intended but a good tack weld is only as good as the person doing it.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of a tack weld, personally I would lay a nice bead where needed I have no problem welding on a rear axle or anything else. You either have the confidence in your ability or you don't in which case take it somewhere after the install and have it burned in for good.

No Flame intended but a good tack weld is only as good as the person doing it.

You are correct. But tacks have their place and imo more is needed on a suspension.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the kits I mentioned they only require a tack to keep the lower in the spring bucket. it's not like it's needed for structure.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on it buddy, been busy so haven't had a chance to get the compressor box made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe

Latest posts