2000 NBS tahoe A/C different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so my a/c hasn't worked in a while and just got it looked at. got leaks in the compressor and accumulator. so my friend has a 2002 tahoe and he bought a new compressor and accumulator and orfice tube for. so i bought all the stuff from him. i go to look at the driers and they are completely different. checking on rock auto there are 2 different models apparently of the accumulator and orfice tube. WTF?

here's the one i have. rock auto considers this "1st design"
chevy_tahoe_2000_a_c_accumulator_oem_83290.jpg

and here is the one my buddy has. rock auto considers this "2nd design"
gilmoreproducts_murray3_70-3738.jpg

WTF is this nonsense? both are tahoes with rear a/c and both in the 00-02 range. also i noticed there are 2 sized orfice tubes.

1st design is specified as 13mm tube at orfice
2nd design is specified as 17mm tube at orfice

i just knew this a/c shit was gonna be a nightmare. and DNW to pay shop $1100+ for something i can do easily. i installed a/c from scratch on my honda and was super easy. this upsets me greatly gm. any suggestions? should i just buy the 1st design orfice and accumulator and then the compressor from my friend and see what happens? there's only 1 compressor design so.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
If the compressor is physically the same you will be fine. Use the orifice and accumulator for your year.

Don't scrimp on flushing the lines and stuff. The rear air may use a TX valve like the '02 and, unlike the front orifice, does not have a screen protecting it. See if you can get air through the rear lines before wasting your freon.

I also recommend putting a screen kit in the suction port of the compressor manifold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts