2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice job! Yours is like the bigger brother of mine!

A tip. I found spraying the wheel wells with black undercoating really made the truck look nice. I had my truck nice and polished but the gray and faded wheel wells (and trim) just sucked.

This stuff.
ZPUKPoX.jpg

Painted trim and wheel wells. I also used 105/205/klasse seal ;) You have good taste in polish!
U3r8Ufg.jpg

What kind of finish does that undercoat have; gloss, matte, textured?

I have been spraying tire shine on all the plastic in the wheels which helps until it rains haha.

But I have been trying to figure out what I want to use to paint my frame and all the steering and suspension linkage stuff and rear axles and hitches; you know all that stuff haha. I wanted to fix all the little rust spots, nothing bad that a quick sanding with some 50or80 wouldn't fix. Then paint all of it black so it would all look new and clean.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of finish does that undercoat have; gloss, matte, textured?

I have been spraying tire shine on all the plastic in the wheels which helps until it rains haha.

But I have been trying to figure out what I want to use to paint my frame and all the steering and suspension linkage stuff and rear axles and hitches; you know all that stuff haha. I wanted to fix all the little rust spots, nothing bad that a quick sanding with some 50or80 wouldn't fix. Then paint all of it black so it would all look new and clean.

Its textured/matte and lays on thick. It does deaden sound a bit. I wouldn't use it on the frame.

For rust I bought some of this. When I do my 4l80e swap and have some room, I'm going to coat everything I can on the frame. Its neat stuff and converts rust to a protective coating.

38KCdh0.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Here is a better pic. It was still drying.

vR314tw.jpg

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its textured/matte and lays on thick. It does deaden sound a bit. I wouldn't use it on the frame.

For rust I bought some of this. When I do my 4l80e swap and have some room, I'm going to coat everything I can on the frame. Its neat stuff and converts rust to a protective coating.

38KCdh0.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Here is a better pic. It was still drying.

vR314tw.jpg

I could see that stuff work on atleast the top half of the rear wheel wells since it is already some kind of facotry sprayed rub coating like stuff haha, I will probably leave the plastic pieces clean plastic and continue shining them when I wash it.

That POR 15 looks crazy, googled it right quick ad some pics it is rough and textured guessing pieces that had severe pitting from rust, and then some pics it looks gloss black. Probably in the prep

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice job! Yours is like the bigger brother of mine!

A tip. I found spraying the wheel wells with black undercoating really made the truck look nice. I had my truck nice and polished but the gray and faded wheel wells (and trim) just sucked.

This stuff.
ZPUKPoX.jpg

Painted trim and wheel wells. I also used 105/205/klasse seal ;) You have good taste in polish!
U3r8Ufg.jpg

This thing is starting to look great! :)

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing is starting to look great! :)

Thanks! I think OPs is much more awesomer though. I'm going for a clean stock look so no one suspects a thing.

OPs wheels, debadging and other things are just **** though! Maybe someday I'll go for a tougher look.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think OPs is much more awesomer though. I'm going for a clean stock look so no one suspects a thing.

OPs wheels, debadging and other things are just **** though! Maybe someday I'll go for a tougher look.

Well thank you, I am still working to get it where I want it, But I also have a weak spot for clean stock trucks that just look good and sleepers. This is probably the showiest build I have every done.

Thinking I might take the roof rack and the ventshades off this weekend. Just to see how clean it really looks with out them. You can also delete the plastic body molding strips on the roof to give it an even cleaner look. Going to to things off one at a time and see how I like and put it back if I don't.

I still flip back and forth on whether I like stock mirrors or tows better, atleast on this truck that is.

Brian_smith06

Reaction score
I usually don't go for lifted but yours looks gooood.

Keep going. Its giving me inspiration for my build. Just wish the site would let me update my thread. Its being weird when I try to view

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually don't go for lifted but yours looks gooood.

Keep going. Its giving me inspiration for my build. Just wish the site would let me update my thread. Its being weird when I try to view

Thanks man, I know what you mean. I keep seeing the same dumped and stanced matte white BRZ in town and it just looks so clean and I have never really been a tuner guy.

Make me want to flat the truck and try to get it sleek and smooth like the BRZ haha.

Brian_smith06

Reaction score
Thanks man, I know what you mean. I keep seeing the same dumped and stanced matte white BRZ in town and it just looks so clean and I have never really been a tuner guy.

Make me want to flat the truck and try to get it sleek and smooth like the BRZ haha.

There is a pretty slick BRZ in my apartment complex I will have to get a picture of for you.

Also I think I may go pick up some of that rustoleum soon. My hoe could really use some!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon