2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
@00'BlueSteel where abouts in NC do you live? I'm thinking of getting some x12 rims to replace my x10s and want to see how much it might rub. If your in a close area maybe meet up and you let me test fit one rim.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am bringing my thread back from the dead. And here is what happened!

I meet the girls, I bought the house, I got married! The suburban has pretty much stayed the same with a just a few changes here and there over the past 2 years. God time flys by when life happens.

Anywho, life for me is settling down a little and it is time to fire this back up. I have new wheels and tire upgrades coming in the next couple months, along with new lift and all new steering. Converting all exterior lights to LED this weekend. Gonna get all the steering in the front swapped to HD stuff and Moog as well, and have more parts for the HD front end conversion. Also will be doing a little stereo install whenever I get time around all the other stuff I want to do to it.

Over the past 2 years, I’ve upgraded the rear suspension to match the keys and Cognito arms in the front. I went to Monroe Airshocks in the back which pumped up with no load give 3” of lift(I run them daily around 50-60psi, 2”) and I added Z71 coil springs. Comes out level all around. I just replaced the water pump and thermostat along with belts while I was in there. I have added electric fans on switches for towing, and an electronic brake controller because I recently bought a flat bed car hauler trailer with brakes for my Redeo which got welded front and rear recently. And I got tint all around, lets just say its darker inside now and not list out the % lol. I plasti-dipped the wheels tennis ball yellow for a winter which was fun at the time but a huge pain to remove and I will never do it again. But I now know I love tennis ball yellow wheels haha, so it was worth not polishing wheels for a winter and getting to enjoy the hot wheels look for a while.

And I am sure there is stuff I am missing but that’s about it as of now.

Let’s just say I missed the car culture and i’m Glad to be returning.
4E52F3DE-E7C5-4425-A624-E5C601620E5A.jpeg 24CB080C-5D39-4E7B-9710-673118520C04.jpeg 26268B31-B24C-42D5-87BF-4CD2DB9E1FEF.jpeg AEB24F1A-BEB9-4AB3-AEDF-1BA1E755D1FF.jpeg 927B09E0-1AA5-404A-81AE-BD27C5B6FA33.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will grab some better pics this weekend when I wash it and install all the LEDs!!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice, glad to see you still got it.
I have no idea why but those yellow wheels work some reason, didn't look too bad. But I can see getting tired if them afyer awhile. Good thing about plastidip. Although wonder why it was such a pita to take off.
Besides what you listed, you plan on leveling out the mirrors? Good looking truck , I think a shaved valance with fogs would look good.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, glad to see you still got it.
I have no idea why but those yellow wheels work some reason, didn't look too bad. But I can see getting tired if them afyer awhile. Good thing about plastidip. Although wonder why it was such a pita to take off.
Besides what you listed, you plan on leveling out the mirrors? Good looking truck , I think a shaved valance with fogs would look good.

I will probably keep it forever, me and this thing have a bond at this point lol. The plastidip was just too thin in some spots like all the lug nut holes and small nooks and crannies and the backsides where super stuck on. I ended up having to melt it with Parts cleaner and engine degreaser to get it all off, then polish all the chrome back to mirror. It was mostly my fault for a shit install but it was hard to get the dip in to all those small places.

I do plan to level up the mirrors, was waiting to paint match them and add the puddle light leds at the same time, so I only have to take them apart once.

And what valance are you talking about shaving, I’ve wanted to do something with the front valance but can’t decided what to do. Not sure if I want a Z71 valance or standard valance, and to cut or not to cut haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, although I was gonna say I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels. Then I got to the end and that yellow! Even worse! Other than the wheels though I like your truck, good job.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I will probably keep it forever, me and this thing have a bond at this point lol. The plastidip was just too thin in some spots like all the lug nut holes and small nooks and crannies and the backsides where super stuck on. I ended up having to melt it with Parts cleaner and engine degreaser to get it all off, then polish all the chrome back to mirror. It was mostly my fault for a shit install but it was hard to get the dip in to all those small places.

I do plan to level up the mirrors, was waiting to paint match them and add the puddle light leds at the same time, so I only have to take them apart once.

And what valance are you talking about shaving, I’ve wanted to do something with the front valance but can’t decided what to do. Not sure if I want a Z71 valance or standard valance, and to cut or not to cut haha
Just any valance , just to smooth out and bring the front together. Plus I'm just personally obsessed with fog lights and don't think trucks look right without them. Z71 would look great but so would the stock. And i figure you were rubbing that's why it came off in the first place.

Excellent plan for the mirrors too, can't wait for those.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, although I was gonna say I'm not a fan of the chrome wheels. Then I got to the end and that yellow! Even worse! Other than the wheels though I like your truck, good job.

Haha i get that, the colors and the shiny chromes not for everyone, I am actually pretty much done with all that myself. I still like the neon yellow wheels and might do it again in the distant future. But for now I am switching to black wheels or forged aluminum brushed and sealed. I’m just ready for something different that is hopefully a little easier to maintain on a day to day basis. Gotta say I really like the Denali in your sig gonna look through your build thread here tonight when I get off work, I saw the word “Blown” and I was instantly like “book mark that for later haha.”

Just any valance , just to smooth out and bring the front together. Plus I'm just personally obsessed with fog lights and don't think trucks look right without them. Z71 would look great but so would the stock. And i figure you were rubbing that's why it came off in the first place.

Excellent plan for the mirrors too, can't wait for those.

Got ya, I actually took the valance off before the wheels and tires, I have a trailer hitch mounted on the front and I regularly move trailers around with it. The old valance has a hole cut for the trailer hit and I usually just stick a hitch cover in it that sits flat against the valance and you cant really tell its there. But I know if I put the valance back on I need to find a away to still be able to use the hitch without too much hassle and without it looking like poop. ?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh