2000 NBS Blue Steel Burban Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is everything on.

So the more I look at it the more the different color temps start to pick at my OCD. I am literally writing this post and looking at the photos and saying to myself that’s not good enough. Not sure why the HIs are so green they are suppose to be 6k but oh well looks like I will be swapping those out until I get a better match.
0F7A2522-1D4C-486C-8B52-3C382D309F00.jpeg 8B6A22A2-9AF2-4FA9-AA2D-F32836816696.jpeg 9812FA5C-7F90-4049-8D10-D7A8DAE86E40.jpeg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Still looks good, I can see the mismatched colors but sometimes the camera makes it look worse
Any pics of the tails ? Or no bulbs fit ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mail call..........

Got my JDM Astar LEDs, amber 194s for the markers, 3030 switchbacks, and 3030 Xenon for the drls.

(I also got 3030 back ups, and brilliant red 3030 LEDs for brakes and rear turns but none of them fit in my aftermarket housing because they have red diffuser/reflector plates built in the middle of the pockets to project more red color from standard bulbs, stupid sypder taillight).

Since I have HIDs in the lows and highs, I have the 4low/6hi mod. The way it is nothing comes on during the day automatically, I have to turn them on with the switch and then all lights come on at night automatically like normal. So during the day I can have no lights or manually turn on the halos, marker lights, and turn signal lights all together. And at night the light sensor on the dash takes over and turns on all the lights just mentioned and the 4 low(drls and low beams). And when I hit the brights it just adds another set of HIDs to the mix. I am probably going to do the light senor mod and put resistors in the plug so the car just thinks it is always day and I can manual control the lights all the time. I don’t like how the sensor turns the HIDs on before it is really that dark and with the new LEDs I really don’t even need lows or his for city driving.

Good shot of the 194 led all light up!
View attachment 186900

This is halos, headlight markers LEDs, the turn signal switch back and the amber 194 corner marker/turn signal
View attachment 186901View attachment 186902

In this photo the headlight side mark LEDs, the 2 in the top light, look closer in color than they do in person, everything else is like 6k and they are more like 10k. I am going to swap them out for amber ones so it will be a vertical row of 3 amber LEDs.
View attachment 186903
You'll probably have ballasts burn out if you don't disable the auto headlight feature. Mine did, I went through 3 ballasts before I figured it out. It seems that if the voltage is low due to the starter cranking, that's not the time you want your ballasts trying to fire up. Since I switched to turning them on after the truck starts, no ballasts problems for over 2 years now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is everything on.

So the more I look at it the more the different color temps start to pick at my OCD. I am literally writing this post and looking at the photos and saying to myself that’s not good enough. Not sure why the HIs are so green they are suppose to be 6k but oh well looks like I will be swapping those out until I get a better match.
View attachment 186909 View attachment 186908 View attachment 186907
Oh man I took forever matching the color of all my lights in the front. Even with smoked lenses I could still see the differences. And nobody's Kelvin numbers match as far as actual color.

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still looks good, I can see the mismatched colors but sometimes the camera makes it look worse
Any pics of the tails ? Or no bulbs fit ?

Yeah the rear bulbs didn’t fit, gonna have to find shorter LEDs like halogen bulb height or go back to stocks, candy stocks don’t sound bad right about now.

You'll probably have ballasts burn out if you don't disable the auto headlight feature. Mine did, I went through 3 ballasts before I figured it out. It seems that if the voltage is low due to the starter cranking, that's not the time you want your ballasts trying to fire up. Since I switched to turning them on after the truck starts, no ballasts problems for over 2 years now.

I don’t know if it’s a Suburban thing or if it’s that I always use my parking brake, and I mean always. But my lights don’t come on when I start it, they come on when I disengage the parking brake or I turn them on with the switch, it only autoswitches on the low beams when it’s dark enough, but that still doesn’t happen until I disengage the parking brake.

And I know what you mean, I say 10k and 6k cause that’s what the package says Incase people want to order the ones in this post, but the whole matching colors and the vast variations in Kelvin tempture charts presented by light companies is just mind numbing. It’s a giant cluster ffff. I usually just try to buy all the bulbs at the same time from the same brand.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yeah the rear bulbs didn’t fit, gonna have to find shorter LEDs like halogen bulb height or go back to stocks, candy stocks don’t sound bad right about now.

Get these. So simple so clean. Low maintenance. Plenty of room for any bulbs you desire lol20171116_020149.jpg
Then sell your old ones

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t know if it’s a Suburban thing or if it’s that I always use my parking brake, and I mean always. But my lights don’t come on when I start it, they come on when I disengage the parking brake or I turn them on with the switch, it only autoswitches on the low beams when it’s dark enough, but that still doesn’t happen until I disengage the parking brake.

And I know what you mean, I say 10k and 6k cause that’s what the package says Incase people want to order the ones in this post, but the whole matching colors and the vast variations in Kelvin tempture charts presented by light companies is just mind numbing. It’s a giant cluster ffff. I usually just try to buy all the bulbs at the same time from the same brand.
It's the parking brake. I never use mine but if you do they don't come on until it's released.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky with my lights. All matching 6000k with less than a 500k variance between them. All 3 different companies lol. I have hids and generic switchbacks. My cousins Silverado has jdm astar switchbacks and they're a 5000k that match almost perfectly with his 5000k lows and fogs hids35834ca9aa64cab4c36e066917a224dd (1).jpg 20171008_190057.jpg

OP
OP
00'BlueSteel

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get these. So simple so clean. Low maintenance. Plenty of room for any bulbs you desire lolView attachment 186912
Then sell your old ones

I do like those, I much prefer the smooth profile over the stock.
And now i’m conflicted cause what I want is the 6000k you have, and not the 5k that my new switchbacks and drls came in. Lol sad part is I already wanted new headlights and now I want tail lights and all new LEDs . Guess I’ll send all the LEDs back expect for the 194s and get different ones, and then get new taillights and then new headlights. Lol and I know once I color match the front end I am going to want crystal clear chrome headlights not smoked blacks like I have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick