2000-2006 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oifla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello all,

i'm looking for some clarification on Yukon Denali set-ups. I understand the Denali badge comes with various upgrades but I'm specifically wondering about the 4WD set up on these. Were all Denalis of this generation AWD? And do they have the two speed transfer case (with hi and lo) options? Thanks

Okiedave

Reaction score
My 01 non Denali has push button 4x4 controls. 4hi 4low Auto, and 2wheel
NY 04 Denali is full time AWD with no control of mode. It only has a button to override the traction control.

I think all the Denalis of that vintage were this way.

OP
OP
O

oifla

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001-2006, all 6.0's and all AWD. 01-02 had different AWD setup than 03-06.

thanks for that
My 01 non Denali has push button 4x4 controls. 4hi 4low Auto, and 2wheel
NY 04 Denali is full time AWD with no control of mode. It only has a button to override the traction control.

I think all the Denalis of that vintage were this way.

thanks for that- i guess this is the wrinkle that is adding to my confusion (seeing some models with switches, others without). ideally, I'm looking for an 03-06 so that settles it, not Denali for me because i have to have the hi/lo option. thanks!

Okiedave

Reaction score
While I have had not issues with the AWD, I like to make the mode selection myself. I like having control of what the truck is doing. I have only needed low a few times, but was thankful to be in my truck when I needed low.

My wife is the one who drives the Denali, and she would rather the truck have that control.

So they both work for my family...... maybe I just like to push buttons.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here in the south we dont need AWD on a street truck so I deleted it! 2wd Denali owner here.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWD in socal here in my 2006 Denali xl here. I live in a ski town with winter snow. Week after new years we had 3 foot of snow in 2 days and my Denali XL rolled through like a tank with no problems. So the awd in this generation is quite capable. I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love having AWD here in the NW. Our streets get slick when it rains on top of the oil that's built up and I never have to worry that when I stomp on it I'll always be flying. And there's always the occasional snow or ice in the winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz