200,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
Did you replace that yourself? Did it throw a code so you knew what was defective?

I replaced it myself. Had to wire in the new harnesses. They are NOT color coordinated and don’t come with a wiring diagram. Installed the new module and it took about 48 hours to clear the code. Basically I researched for awhile, and determined it was faulty when the truck kept stalling during the summer from a auto-stop. Checking wires was the hardest part. That and the decision to cut into your perfectly good body harness!

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
The wire pin out changed on the new module. I kept all the wires identical thinking it was wire for wire. That’s when I figured it out. Kept blowing fuses and I pulled t apart. Positive and negative changed. Swapped those and no issues on the module or stalling since.

87FC4D28-CE60-434D-8196-14BB58E3FFD7.jpeg 13816636-37B4-4BDC-BD92-263572055974.jpeg 39E13289-4E0D-4141-A35B-24216733E232.jpeg

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the data. I'll keep an eye out for this. I am amazed to see you getting 200,000 miles out of the Hybrid system. I feel a lot better about putting another sixty thousand on mine now.:)

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
Thanks for the data. I'll keep an eye out for this. I am amazed to see you getting 200,000 miles out of the Hybrid system. I feel a lot better about putting another sixty thousand on mine now.:)

She makes me nervous sometimes. The oil pressure is an ongoing battle, and the trans is probably going soon. But other than that, it’s just another truck. I’ve had worse problems out of other vehicles. My biggest problem is nobody knows how to work on them so there is no reliable data or write ups on repair work. GM dealers aren’t any help because they don’t even know.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean with the dealerships. My local dealership always does the two-step when I inquire about Hybrid stuff so I have made contact with a local guy who has done some work for me on other vehicles. He has agreed to replace the battery pack, etc. for me when it is time to do so. He said he will go to Dallas or OKC to get the pack, install it and return the old pack for me. We have not talked prices yet, but he has charged me almost 50% of what the local dealership asks on some of the repairs he has done for me so I am OK with dealing with him. We have not had a single problem with our hybrid side, only with the gasoline engine part. My wife drives it and she is a "gentle" driver, if you know what I mean? I keep it serviced and check all the fluids often so it has performed very well thus far. Gonna change out the coolant at 150,000 and may put on new hoses and belts then. Shocks, struts, brakes are all still good. Flushed transmission at 100,000 or so but didn't have the filter changed as there was no crude in the pan and the fluid did not smell bad and was not dark and thick. That was on recommendation of the dealership so I went with it.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the low oil pressure. I keep seeing internet articles about a small strainer screen below the oil pressure sensor that stops up? Apparently it is at the back of the intake and inside the oil tube coming up from the oil pan area. Sounds critical like if that stops up the AFM lifters are oil starved and will wear out pretty quickly? Anyway i have a 09 that has 198k on it and it seems to be doing well so far. It holds good oil pressure I have never seen it below 40psi so far. If all the internet articles are true it might pay a person to go ahead and change that strainer screen below the sensor just as a maintenance item?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE