2.5/1.5 leveling kit help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would call them or a reputable dealer...the Truck arms are the same in most cases and they run 449$ i think

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
I ordered some parts. Went with a suspension maxx 2.5” front kit, 1.5” rear spacers off eBay that looked to be good quality and the readylift upper control arms. Wheels should be here Tuesday so hopefully I can get everything installed in the next couple weeks

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
Wheels and 2.5” suspensionmaxx front kit showed up today. Now I’m just waiting on the rear spacers and UCAs.

my tire guy is getting me some prices on the following all in 285/60R20

-Nitto ridge grapplers
-Toyo R/T
-Cooper St maxx

I’ve ran all 3 of these on my ram diesels and my 96 F350 4x4 dump/plow truck is wearing the St maxx. They’re all great tires, my wife’s likes the ridge grapplers best which is what I’m currently running on my 16 mega cab in a 37”.

mambas in a 20x9

F8646495-6915-4569-873-F-67324-D6-B57-AC.jpg

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels and 2.5” suspensionmaxx front kit showed up today. Now I’m just waiting on the rear spacers and UCAs.

my tire guy is getting me some prices on the following all in 285/60R20

-Nitto ridge grapplers
-Toyo R/T
-Cooper St maxx

I’ve ran all 3 of these on my ram diesels and my 96 F350 4x4 dump/plow truck is wearing the St maxx. They’re all great tires, my wife’s likes the ridge grapplers best which is what I’m currently running on my 16 mega cab in a 37”.

mambas in a 20x9

F8646495-6915-4569-873-F-67324-D6-B57-AC.jpg
Nice choices, I ran the suspensionmaxx 2.5 and am running the readyLIFT UCA's now with their SST kit. With 1.5 rear you may want to consider shock extension brackets as well, can always add later though if you notice the shocks running out of travel. Those 20x9's are 0 offset? Cool design with the spokes alternating in and out, has to look wild from an angle.

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
Nice choices, I ran the suspensionmaxx 2.5 and am running the readyLIFT UCA's now with their SST kit. With 1.5 rear you may want to consider shock extension brackets as well, can always add later though if you notice the shocks running out of travel. Those 20x9's are 0 offset? Cool design with the spokes alternating in and out, has to look wild from an angle.

I was thinking I should probably add shock extensions. They’re +12 offset so should be pretty close to flush with the fender. They’re definitely an interesting design, I gave my wife about 20 wheels to choose from and those are the ones she liked best. All she knew is she wanted black lol.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, well I think she made a good choice on that design.

In case you didn't come across it yet, for the readylift UCA's they recommend 0mm offset to clear. At least that's what they list for the 4" SST lift, they don't seem to reference it on the listing for the UCA's only. @STORMIN08 was trying to figure out if they'd work with his stock offset 22" wheels, so may have more info for you. The +12mm may work, just wanted to give you a heads up in case there's another UCA that might make for a no-worry install with that offset.

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
Haha, well I think she made a good choice on that design.

In case you didn't come across it yet, for the readylift UCA's they recommend 0mm offset to clear. At least that's what they list for the 4" SST lift, they don't seem to reference it on the listing for the UCA's only. @STORMIN08 was trying to figure out if they'd work with his stock offset 22" wheels, so may have more info for you. The +12mm may work, just wanted to give you a heads up in case there's another UCA that might make for a no-worry install with that offset.

Stormins actually the one that recommended those control arms lol. I had not read that as I didn’t look at the 4” kit but I guess I’ll find out. Hopefully it all works out. It’s hard to find replacement control arms in general for the factory stamped arms.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, when I was looking for a lift I was coming across the same challenges on the UCA's, I was also stamped.

Took another look, the UCA kit with level they sell for the Sierra's & Silverado's does list +12 for min offset. The suv and pick up front suspension are more or less the same, hate to make an assumption, but it seems you're going to be good to go! Sorry for the false alarm.

https://www.readylift.com/2-25-fron...l-arms-gm-1500-truck-suv-6-lug-2017-2018.html

OP
OP
J

Jnull

Reaction score
I actually just got done reading the same thing haha and yea I believe I’m good. No worries.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen several statements...ready lifts site has 0, +6 and who only knows.

select a year and it differs. i would guess by looking at the parts and photos of installs, the larger diameter is less of an issue, as the barrel is closer to the wide part of the arm...where as an 18" with hefty tire tends to shove the tire into the control arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9