1999 yukon denali ht383e needs intake!! Please help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JM383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi next weekend I am picking up the gmpp ht383e crate motor, I have been searching very hard for the marine intake, lol and feel very lost. I want to add more flow than the stock spider injection system. I plan on many more mods but I figure it best to start at the intake and headers while i'm doing the swap. Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated, thank you

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
To make it drop in compatible as possible would be marine intake with some different injectors and reprogramming.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Should note tho that while being used the dwell time on the injectors is a lot they can still handle the ht383e.

OP
OP
J

JM383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you know where I can buy one? I'm pretty lost with this. I seen pics of one done on the same motor and I have looked at mercruiser parts but I have found nothing. Thank you for your time..

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I was thinking about trying one of them intake spacers but I just feel kind of like its a waste of time and money, like if i'm going that far I might as well go all the way and go marine? I was under the impression the problem i'd have is with air intake? also will this work? http://marine-performance-parts.com/400vmsbchighrisevorteccastironintakemanifold.aspx

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Finding a marine unit is a matter of searching forever to you find one somewhere. As for the other thing I can see the idea behind it but when use with fuel injection how does the throttle body mount to the car intake?

OP
OP
J

JM383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finding a marine unit is a matter of searching forever to you find one somewhere. As for the other thing I can see the idea behind it but when use with fuel injection how does the throttle body mount to the car intake?
I really value your opinion SunlitComet as I have been searching through all types of forums and have crossed your posts and I can see you really know what you're talking about. I guess I should ask a better question, I am looking to have this truck run smooth tow well and have some good power so im not looking to build a crazy race truck just an everyday driver with the capability to throw me back in my seat a bit. can I achieve this with my stock intake without it struggling for air or fuel? and sorry im a pain just trying to learn, Thank you again for your time I really do appreciate it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes. Porting the intakes and heads can help a little bit too if you want. But tuning the pcm to accommodate the 383 will give you more bump for sure.

OP
OP
J

JM383

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well figured I would update you I have the new motor in and ready for prime and start. I will be doing so shortly. I did a couple upgrades, I put headers on and the upgraded injection system because when I took off the upper intake off the old motor it was all burned up two of the poppet injectors where burned also. I cant wait to get it broke in.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In addition to the Marine intake, if you decide to add on more later, there is the Edelbrock Proflow XT that fits the Vortec heads as well. I believe that it can fit either one of their 90mm throttle bodies, and possibly even the stock one as well if that's what you prefer. They are a production part and much easier to find than the marine intakes, however i'm sure Sunlit or someone will know more about potential drawbacks on them vs the marine intake.