1999 Tahoe LT a/c leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MO351

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a freon leak at a connection on the large line going to the rear a/c unit. I've checked the connection and it's tight. Is there an O-ring in there that needs to be replaced? Anybody done this themselves? Can I disconnect that line without losing the freon that's already in the rear a/c?

I have cool air in the rear but warm air up front. I put in a couple cans of freon (stuff from Oreilly) about a week ago but could only get the pressure up to just under 45psi with a outside temp of 101*F (had been between 30-35 psi). It needed to go around another 5-10psi. It cooled down for a couple days but ended up leaking out at the connection. Luckily the dye shows the leak. It apparently only leaked out what I put in because it hasn't been leaking anymore.

Attachments

• DSCF6209.jpg
    DSCF6209.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10

HankHill

Reaction score
Yes, there's an o-ring at the joint. Is it the problem? Maybe. Could be a crack in the pipe that you can't immediately see. Yes, you'll lose all the freon if the joint is opened up.

I have done AC work, but not that specific joint. I have a vacuum pump & gages. I would evac the system, pull a vacuum & try to see if the leak is coming from the joint or pipe, then go from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts