1999 2 door tahoe too high!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmapa818

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey, im a new to the forum and ive read alot of helpful information just by looking through the threads so thank alot to everyone!! but i own a 1999 chevrolet tahoe its 4x4. i was looking to drop it a little bit not too much just a bit because the gaps from the fenders to the tires are killing me. just bought some 26" rims but want to drop the truck a bit but i was wondering how low would it be good to drop it running the 26"s? and can i drop the front to the desired height using the stock front tension keys?? how would i go about dropping the back just a bit? what would be the least expensive way to drop the truck?? thanks

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
least expensive way to drop the back is shackles. you can pick them up at pep boys for like 40 dollars. 1" or 2" drop. as far as the front I think drop keys will make it a bit too low. I would just adjust the stock ones. be careful though give it time to settle after turning them a bit. I turned mine and it looked right until the next day when it started rubbing.

OP
OP
E

elmapa818

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply really appreciate it!!! but how low do you think i should lower the front/back?? how many full turns should i loosen the keys up front?? and sorry about that i didnt realize i was in the wrong sections sorry

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

i have a pep boys just down the street but would you happen to know a part number or something like that?? they say they dont carry anything like that. thanks