1998 2 door LT Chevrolet Tahoe LQ9 LS Motor Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
1998 2 door LT Chevrolet Tahoe with an LS motor swap.

*6.0L LQ9 from a 2004 SS Silverado - The motor originally had 78,000 miles on it and I haven't put many miles on it. LT headers full exhaust (with cats), dual electric fans from a 2010 Silverado. Nothing crazy and it needs a dyno tune currently but drives great just the way it is.
*4L65E from a 2004 SS Silverado 2wd output.
*14 bolt semi floater 9.5" ring and pinion rear end, which was rebuilt with 4.10 gears. Unfortunately open differential, could use a good locker on it.
*It's originally an autotrac 4wd vehicle but I've removed all 4wd parts in favor of 2wd.
*Single piece driveshaft.
*Body of truck has 170,000 miles.
*Front and rear brakes have been recently redone. Needs to be bled.
*Black diesel front bumper and a solid steel rear bumper from TAG bumpers.
The rear bumper needs to be moved up to look correct and the front bumper has a coat of plasti dip on it and a electrostatic primer underneath it needs to be painted, I tried to find a powder coater that was affordable around with me but just didn't have time.
*New shocks all around.
*No rust.
*Paint job is original but in good condition with a few little dings and a couple little paint imperfections. 2 tone carmine red and gold flake bottom with stock fender flares.
*The interior is in great condition LT truck all tan interior/leather. New gauge cluster / HVAC.
*Truck has a new working A/C system, custom bracket and all.
*Tires are goodyear hp's 265/70/17 about 60% tread with NNBS 17" GMC wheels.

*Things to note, I will include EVERYTHING so you know -

Tachometer, cruise control do not yet work. It is a wiring thing I know they both can work.

The air intake is off an LS1 motor and the filter is a $50.00 K&N air intake, I don't like the design of the LS1 motor intake and a custom CAI or an aftermarket one should be made up for the truck.

*Missing left motor cover, center motor cover logos need to be painted.
*Wiring on drivers side could be cleaned up alittle but everything is fine the way it is. I've driven this vehicle for months at least three times a week.
*Small cut in the carpet near center console.
*Needs one piece from the center upper console.
*Needs the ashtray peice of the dash put in, I got a new one.
*Passanger side beauty mirror light stays on.
*Dash face is grey needs to matched to tan dashboard.
*Doors panels could use new plastic pins
*Windshield has tiny dent thats been there for 4 years.
*Drivers seat could use reupholster.
*Rear cargo light is missing light cover.
*No original tire carrier inside the truck
*Center console is out of a 2002 tahoe but I've yet to bolt it in.

Asking $8500.00 final offer I want this sold quickly. No trades.

I recently moved to Tampa and can not continue to really "Finalize" the truck. Please take in mind fuel injected LS LQ9 swaps are exspensive and this truck is already a nice vehicle.

I'm Located in South Tampa near the Gandy Bridge.
My name is Matt, I can be reached by cell at anytime (941)716-3752.

1-1.jpg
2.jpg
3-1.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg
IMG_0584.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Night bump. This would make a great truck for some lucky guy or girl!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Idea you finally did a swap...
Took pics of stuff no one cares about...pics of the goodies!

glws!

OP
OP
blackcoffee

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Posting a few pics, I'm no detailer the engine compartment could be a million times cleaner. I just turn the truck on, later on today I'll rev it up and maybe do a quick run with it and show proof of A/C working properaly. I also apologize for not posting to say the ABS light is on but it seems to be working, either way I don't like ABS so I didn't care. Also the 4wd switch block is removed now and has a 2wd cover now.
http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/blackcoffee509/?action=view&current=IMG_0605.mp4
IMG_0606.jpg
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What header's did you use? Schoenfelds?

I give you kudos for the swap, I highly doubted you b/c you always changed your mind. Both of your rides are VERY clean and tasteful. Ironically Forsale.

Why not keep the 2-Dr? You now have an efficient reliable drivetrain in there. Sell the P/U. I think you live off 3-3.5k while your job comes up. Unless you live like Charlie Sheen. This truck needs minor stuff man. I told the Mrs. Once the LS Swap is done I am having the coolest casket ever. LS Swaps are not joke. The time you put into it you are still overpriced IMO. Remember the white lifted show truck with a LS Swap also had converted the cluster to NBS I think he was asking 12 and got it down to 8.

Just keep it, all the hard work is done. Now it is time to maintain it and clean it up!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Post a link to your build thread that would be AWESOME!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157