1997 2 door concealable sub reccomendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norcalpilot

Reaction score
Just put alpine 6x9 in rear celing (4x10 originally) going to swap fronts for SPR alpine components any recomendations for a sub? one that can be concealed? I saw the MTX thunderform for the center console but it I like the original console better. I think the back bench seat (1997 2 door) are too shallow for a custom box? I've been looking for awhile and can't seem to find any? I'd like to keep the stock head unit too so it all looks stock but sounds sick?

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ooooooo I like that.^

Too expensive though.

Last edited:

cmcarr85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats real nice but could be built for alot less but it is interesting. Im looking into the same thing you are trying to do in a 4door. I want to put a tv on the barn doors for when I go camping and carshows I can just open them up and put some chairs outside and play games and watch a movie.

OP
OP
norcalpilot

norcalpilot

Reaction score
all good but...

thanks for all the good ideas but... I have the tailgate (no rear barn doors) oh well. Maybe MTX thunderform center console is the only option.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your back seat the same as a 4door? havnt really been into a 2door hoe before.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, forget rear 6x9 (or 4x10) for that matter, get a good 3 channel amp, good front speakers and a single sub in back off rear portion of amp.

OP
OP
norcalpilot

norcalpilot

Reaction score
back seat is a bit smaller bench seat than the 4 dr and folds all the way down so that route is out. like blueflamed said... i agree that the rear 6x9 wasnt as great as i thought it would be. gonna focus on that sub and some 6.5 alpine components up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murk3d